Version 1.01.15608 Available

Brit

Notable Fixes and Improvements:

- Made aircraft better about flying home automatically (when they do ad-hoc orders to attack something)

- Fixed a bug in the movement rate of ballistic missiles

- Added text descriptions to the range-lines of aircraft

- Rules Editor: Added the ability to remove upgrades

- Fixed a bug in the view-range of airfield improvements

- City Improvements can now be destroyed by their owner (but only at a rate of one per turn)

- Fixed Regression: Aircraft in groups wouldn't take off

- Adjusted the Official Rules:

. - Slowed down how quickly ballistic missiles move in the Official Rules (allowing players to see incoming missiles)

. - Increased the movement range of Missile (V2)

. - Renamed "Missile (V2)" to "Short Range Missile"

. - Reduced the price of "Short Range Missile" and "Medium Range Missile"

. - Increased the submarine-detection range of destroyers and cruisers

. - Increased the radar range of the City/Airfield Radar

. - The Nuclear SRBM no longer upgrades to the Nuclear ICBM

. - Reduced Missiles to 1 HP

Why did you increase the detection ranges you listed? Just curious.

I usually don't really build radar, because I just didn't feel like they were useful enough to justify the cost. I thought making them a little more valuable would be good. Also, it would be nice to have players thinking more about how to strategically place radar on the map (which cities and where to build airfields with radar), and have other players targeting those radar.

I bumped up the submarine detection ranges a bit just to make it a little easier to do anti-submarine warfare. I'm still doing some adjustment to get it to where I want.

Add the ASW plane (helicopter) :)

They are good for guarding a channel or specific area against subs. They also are fun to use from a carrier. They don't seem to tip the balance much though, since jets can put them down quick.

Personally I haven't felt that subs were too strong. Destroyers are the most common ship used, and they do a good job taking them out.

I think I'll leave the sub ranges where they are at in my set for now. Being able to customize the rules is soooo nice :)

Add the ASW plane (helicopter) :)

They are good for guarding a channel or specific area against subs. They also are fun to use from a carrier. They don't seem to tip the balance much though, since jets can put them down quick.

Personally I haven't felt that subs were too strong. Destroyers are the most common ship used, and they do a good job taking them out.

I think I'll leave the sub ranges where they are at in my set for now. Being able to customize the rules is soooo nice :)

Actually, I think subs are far too weak in past level 2. They are the deadliest threat to ships in modern era. Even a modern destroyer is outmatched by a modern sub. The only reasonable platforms to combat them are ASW helicopters and ASW planes (Orion or S2). Noteworthy: Modern destroyers, carriers, and Cruisers can launch ASW helicopters. I tried to fix this with my modern naval rules. I need to revise that to use Brit's new rules.