So, what's the word on Normandy?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael (a.k.a Mr. Emrys), I hope you are spending your time wisely while you are whiling away the minutes. I fully expect you to report very soon that you have purchased a new computer, capable of running CMSF, CMA, and CMN. It really is time that you discard that old vacuum tubed ENIAC on which you are running CM1x.

It really is time that you discard that old vacuum tubed ENIAC on which you are running CM1x.

To tell the truth, for the last 4+ years I have been using a G5 Mac Quad. A very good computer which, however, will not boot up in OS 9.2. As a consequence, it has been a long while since I have been able to play CM at all.

The good news is that a short time back I purchased a new iMac which I swear I will set up "any day now". One way or another, I should be able to play CM on it. Barring the unforeseen, of course.

Michael

Michael, can you give me an idea of how you intend to go about running the CM1 games on your IMac? I has one with OS X and the only way seems to be running VMFusion and using PC versions. The problem is, I'm haveing some gross screen problems with the display, when the games run.

I have not tried to run Shock Force on it yet, so I don't know if that will be problematic as well.

HijackGMH

Michael, can you give me an idea of how you intend to go about running the CM1 games on your IMac?

I'm not planning to run CMx1, but if I were to change my mind, I would buy a Windows version and run it on a Windows partition. That's the only thing I can think of that remotely has a chance of working.

Michael

Well I imagine setting up the website similar far from the important stuff as mowing the lawn (important stuff being, well you know, beer and football).

The following things come to my mind: When your wife asks you, 'when are you going to mow the lawn?' and you reply 'next week honey!'...

How many days are you intending for that week to last??

Well, it all depends...

The following things come to my mind: When your wife asks you, 'when are you going to mow the lawn?' and you reply 'next week honey!'...

How many days are you intending for that week to last??

Well, it all depends...

Well in that case the website should be up about the time same I mow the lawn next - which for where I live is May :D

So Steve, are we looking at next week now?

Between 0 and 2 days for any person with a reasonable grasp of the passage of time.

For a software developer however... might be aeons. This side of the heat death of the universe. Maybe.

I'm quite confident in my theory that Battlefront is playin WeGo and as such real time has no bearing on this.