So, what's the word on Normandy?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been inactive for a long time and I'm just wondering what's up with Normandy. I know that a year ago you said it was possible to finish the mod in 2009, but it would be rushed. Whatever happened to a 2010 release? Did something happen at BFC? Is Normandy canceled?

thankfully i didn't hear about CM:N until late 2010 so i have not been hibernating quiet as long as yourself waiting and waiting .... I happened to pop back on this forum for a wee gander and spotted CM:N was nearing completion .... unfortunately that was a pipe dream and i have been waiting and checking everyday since ... :) .... shouldn't be too far away now though.

Fear not: no doubt Julian Assange and his cohorts will any day now leak tens of thousands of top-secret documents detailing the entirety of Operation Overlord as well as Operation Fortitude, spoiling the element of surprise against the Germans and thus severely compromising the Normandy invasion's likelihood of success. :rolleyes:

Lets recall when BFC gave their original time estimate on Normandy even they didn't know there was going to be a 'CM:Afghanistan' title! :eek:

Afghanistan was supposed to have been a quick 3rd party product based around the CMSF engine yet it still managed to eat up a % of Charles's programing time for the better part of a year. Plus Afghanistan released 6-8 months later than Snowball's estimate, which meant it stayed on BFC's to-do list for that extra 6-8 months too. Then the Brit module took longer than expected, then NATO got held up.... On the bright side, Normandy's delay is your gain. They could've entirely abandoned CMSF back around patch v1.20. Aren't you glad they didn't? :)

It seems like everything takes twice and more as long these days. At first I thought it was just me—you know, getting older and all that. But now it is clear that somehow the space-time continuum has accelerated so that clocks run faster and so do calendars. Curious. According to Relativity Theory, if the expansion of the universe were to reverse, its increasing density could cause this effect. It could mean that The End Of Everything As We Know It is at hand.

Michael

It seems like everything takes twice and more as long these days. At first I thought it was just me—you know, getting older and all that. But now it is clear that somehow the space-time continuum has accelerated so that clocks run faster and so do calendars. Curious. According to Relativity Theory, if the expansion of the universe were to reverse, its increasing density could cause this effect. It could mean that The End Of Everything As We Know It is at hand.

Michael

Mr. Emrys, I corroborate your assertion. Time is speeding up, and it is not just because you are elderly, or should I say, a Senior Forum Member.

Michael

At a certain age, cough, cough... err.. forum seniority, you get fewer packets of consciousness per second so it seems time is speeding up.

Fear not: no doubt Julian Assange and his cohorts will any day now leak tens of thousands of top-secret documents detailing the entirety of Operation Overlord as well as Operation Fortitude, spoiling the element of surprise against the Germans and thus severely compromising the Normandy invasion's likelihood of success. :rolleyes:

The sad part is that there is a lot of truth to that statement . . .