need help with using unit icon pics

nik mond

Oops this is a bigger than I thought with the ingame unit icons. They don't show up. I think if you create a unique human unit and detachment then you have to create a new icon folder? or is there another way. I would be happy using ingame infantry icons but I think you can't do that and have a unique unit name with a unique (renamed) model.

If that is true where can I find those little graphic pictures, what is the path.

I posted a picture so you see what I mean.

missingq.jpg

I have seemed to hit an Impasse on this.

Why can't a new unit/human use the existing infantry face. Is it the Mat file that is missing the data for the new unit? (I don't have m$ access)

What line in the unit/human/ger/newunit/parts.ini file points to this little soldier thing at the bottom of the screen. Is it the Faceset. I tried copying and renaming the face.taga and mat file and adding it to the filesID but it didn't work.

I think that you need to add the new unit/human face to the Units_Faces.ini , something like this for My_Kurks1943_infantry in order to have the existing faces working.

[FaceSet_Ger_My_Kursk1943_infantry]

Type FaceSet

Name FaceSet_Ger_My_Kursk1943_infantry

Mat001_Big Ger_Kursk1943_infantry_big.mat

Mat001_Small Ger_Kursk1943_infantry_small.mat

I found the Units_Faces.ini but there is more to it. There are numbered mat files up to 187. I don't know if they mean anything. I think it may have to be linked to the gui/ingame/faces as well. I tried renaming the Ger_Kursk1943_infantry_small.tga etc etc to Ger_Kursk1943_Schutzen_small.tga in the gui/ingame/faces and creating the paragraph below in the units_faces.ini. But did not work. I also tries the existing Ger_Kursk1943_infantry_big.mat for the mat lines but did not work.

[FaceSet_Ger_Kursk1943_Schutzen]

Type FaceSet

Name FaceSet_Ger_Kursk1943_Schutzen

Mat001_Big Ger_Kursk1943_Schutzen_big.mat <------why didn't Ger_Kursk1943_infantry_big.mat work here either?

Mat001_Small Ger_Kursk1943_Schutzen_small.mat

and in the human/ger/kursk1943/Schutzen folder

[HumanSkin_Kursk1943_Schutzen]

Type HumanSkin

Name Kursk1943_Schutzen

RankType Soldier

Date1 01.01.1939 31.12.1945

MeshName models\human\sk_0\ger\Kursk1943_Schutzen\body.msh

Camouflage 2

FaceSet01 FaceSet_Ger_Kursk1943_Schutzen

I think that this faces system was mainly a ToW1 feature and was almost abandoned, a lot of these icons are no more in use.

use an existing icon at this line:

Mat001_Small Ger_Kursk1943_infantry_small.mat

instead of

Mat001_Small Ger_Kursk1943_Schutzen_small.mat