Version 1.01.14937 Available

Brit

Notable Changed/Improvements:

- Added a new map: the NorthAfrica (Beta) map. This is not a World War 2 scenario, just a two-player map in North Africa.

- PBEM: Added a "Load Last Game" button to the main-menu interface, under "PBEM" and "Single Player" menus

- Added smoke pumes to cities based on the number of refugees

- Fixed Bug: the meetup times in the internet-chat would sometimes be wrong

- Fixed Bug: Units would sometimes get caught on terrain and couldn't move

- Fixed Bug: Aircraft were not returning home when they should (this bug was introduced in the last update, thanks to changes in the AdHoc order system)

- Fixed a bug with nuclear bombers: they'd sometimes destroy units they fly over

- Fixed Bug: combat sound effects were playing even when sound effects were turned off

I'm getting an error attempting to download this from within the client (as of 11:50am MST):

Updater6:

Error: Update validation test failed.

Try it again, there are often problems if you try to get an update immediately after it is released.

It's nice, looks good.

The only problem at present is that when you play it with standard rules, there's a bit of a disconnect between the real world map and the fact you have to fight all the towns in Egypt before you can get started against Rommel. A scenario even with the 1940 ruleset would be best for getting right to the action.

It does show what can be done with the system though.

It's nice, looks good.

The only problem at present is that when you play it with standard rules, there's a bit of a disconnect between the real world map and the fact you have to fight all the towns in Egypt before you can get started against Rommel. A scenario even with the 1940 ruleset would be best for getting right to the action.

It does show what can be done with the system though.

It's not actually a World War 2 map. It's just the North Africa map. This is the map that I was going to use for the WW2 North Africa scenario, but got too busy with other stuff to add-in all the features I needed - stuff like reinforcements at the correct times, new units (which are different for each side), turning off city-production (since neither side was manufacturing weapons or getting their soldiers from the local population), etc. I did try to balance the distribution of cities over the map, though, so that the player's sides were balanced.

Nice map but whoever starts around Cairo will have a big advantage (assuming this is a standard map with production staying on). Maybe turn it into a two player scenario with one player starting in Cairo and the other with three or so decent starts around the map. Or maybe simulate Torch.

How long did it take to make the map?

How would you be able to get reinforcements at the correct times?

Maybe a year ago I discussed how I think EoS would be a great platform for making all kinds of terrific scenarios. The game hasn't been ready for it but I think it's getting close.

It's not actually a World War 2 map. It's just the North Africa map. This is the map that I was going to use for the WW2 North Africa scenario, but got too busy with other stuff to add-in all the features I needed - stuff like reinforcements at the correct times, new units (which are different for each side), turning off city-production (since neither side was manufacturing weapons or getting their soldiers from the local population), etc. I did try to balance the distribution of cities over the map, though, so that the player's sides were balanced.

Yeah I get that it isn't meant to be a WW2 sim, and honestly I don't think it is worth your time to try and make it one.

What I meant was it would be nice to save it as a scenario where all the towns in egypt belong to monty and half of the rest belong to rommel and let the two sides duke it out on more equal terms instead of doing the usual expansion rush at the start.

Tunring off production in all but a few more established cities could easily be done with a custom ruleset, just make prerequisite buildings with massive production costs.

Nice map but whoever starts around Cairo will have a big advantage (assuming this is a standard map with production staying on). Maybe turn it into a two player scenario with one player starting in Cairo and the other with three or so decent starts around the map. Or maybe simulate Torch.

Yeah, I had thought about having a third player start in the Greece/Turkey area. That area is a little weaker as far as production numbers, compared to the other two players, though. As far as the production, I tried to keep things relatively balanced. If both players stay on the mainland, then by the time both players reach the middle of North Africa, the Western player has slightly more production. The Cairo player has a little easier access to Greece and Turkey. This is part of the reason I'm calling it a "beta" map, because I think I'll be making some more adjustments to it.

How long did it take to make the map?

I did most of the work on the map months ago. It was only last week that I made a whole bunch of adjustments to the city production values and placed the resources.

How would you be able to get reinforcements at the correct times?

The scenario editor let's you place units on the map at certain times. For example, I could have a bunch of tanks show up on turn 20 if I wanted.

Maybe a year ago I discussed how I think EoS would be a great platform for making all kinds of terrific scenarios. The game hasn't been ready for it but I think it's getting close.

I had one occurrence of the bug where aircraft didn't return home after an attack, yesterday. It was the AI who either attacked one of my columns (I love that AI use aircrafts now, by the way!), or reacted to one of my air strikes. The AI aircrafts seemed to be indecisive as to whether it should pursue my strike, or bomb the column. It kind of flew back and forth between the two groups, and by the end of the turn it parked on top of my ground units. The next turn it flew back to town.

I sadly forgot to make a copy of the save file, but I'll make one if it happens again.