New file at the Repository: (SC2G) Brute Force 1939-1945 v3.03 (2010-11-10)

WW2 1939-1945Major Powers: Germany, Italy, Japan, USA, UK(CW), USSRMinor Majors: France and ChinaScale: 40m per hex Europe, 80m per hex Pacific Version 3.3 - AdditionsElite units: SS, Guard Mech, ASW Bombers, CVEsExpanded map: Split USA, Full North Atlantic, South America, Full AfricaAI functions: Added AI strategies and corrections

More...

I am playing the allies now vs my AI to find loopholes in the AI mod and to test it out. Interesting point that after the Fall of France I wasnt sure which direction the AI was going to go and I planned the wrong way and I am not suffering. It was nice NOT to know the AI's exact strategy. Due to a flaw in my AI I discovered they were doing sea lion and I accidentally stopped it. I removed that flaw from the scripts. If it wasnt there they would have invaded successfully.

I have found 14 flaws so far (AI, map, game flow) and I am working on correcting them.

I got quite lucky and found a job next to my house thats a 9-5:30 deal and low stress. So it gives me more time to do what I love. Last job I had was an 11.5 hour day round trip, blek.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats new. Ok I will see if I can shift the map hex around. never seen that one before.

I have finished play testing Me vs AI for both sides and found about 50 errors. Some were AI errors some map, some events. So there will be an update.

What do you think of the Mech and SS units? They look great but not sure if it makes a real difference.

Not sure why the Chinese are Italians, sounds like a Graphics problem. I swapped China for Italy. China is under USA control and France is under UK control.

So China should be dark green and Italy light green.

There is a folder the Strat...\Campaigns\Brute Force 1939\Bitmaps\ (original or alt counters) you simple copy paste from that to the Strat...\Campaigns\Brute Force 1939\Bitmaps folder and it should be fine. I already had it setup with original format.

Sorry for the long reply didnt see it the posts

"What do you think of the Mech and SS units? They look great but not sure if it makes a real difference."

Haven't seen them yet, not far enough into the game, but sounds like a nice addition, really like the map. Thanks:)

SeaMonkey I do not understand you about the SS units, probably I am doing something wrong:confused: You can purchase SS units in the first move, I mean there supposed to be SS units are they not AL? The garrison units are purchased under the SS name the Panzers are purchased under the SS name and the special units are purchased under the SS name as for the Russian Mechs I have not got there yet, the garrison I assume is not SS, the special forces look very strong for battle but I am not sure about the SS Panzers because I cant seem to upgrade them nor it seems the Special forces unless that can be done in the future. Please clarify Al.

Bo

I'm assuming bowen, that Big Al is talking about a unit script, something different as far as an image for those two units, but I'm not sure.

So maybe it's me that is misunderstanding.

errrrrrrr dont think so, meaning you misunderstanding, its me that gets things wrong:confused: come on Big Al speak up.

Bo

Yeah Big Al enlighten us! You know what I don't understand Bo, is you keep messing around with those inferior products, like SotP and ToW over in Mamby-Pamby Land, wasting time that could be spent on SC.:D

What's a matter with you ...you jack wagon!:P:D

Now look SeaMonkey enough is enough it annoys me when people know what I am doing, you been talking to my wife she calls me jack wagon also.;) I went to mamby pandy land because I did not like what was going on here, AI, small map etc. I have been gone for awhile but I keep an eye out for some improvement of SC, with Big Al and Nup doing nice looking mods I decided to invest a little more time here, and probably will stay awhile as long as you keep harping on Big AL to improve an already very good mod. But I know this will make you angry when I leave for good to play MWIF, now at my age I will most likely be in a nursing home without internet when it is completed.:confused: Oh Well!

Bo

"jack wagon" hehe

MWIF will not have any AI. And if you want to play WIF, play it via Vassal. ITS GREAT.

As for the SS and Mech units they are set up as a 2nd minor country for each power. I think Im going to remove them because they really dont impact the game. They are there for coolness and I cant mod the graphics the way I want so it kinda looks dorky.

Anyways you tell me which game out there has an AI with various strategies in a WW2 Grand Strategy game besides mine, zero. MWIF is too complex to have an effective AI for a grand campaign game. The AI is going to be for smaller scenarios. I have a newer version coming out very soon.

And......

This mod WILL be in the WWI game with 8 major powers. Im adding a special script to make coffee while you play.

I so regret not completing my B.S. in Computer Science. I got an A.A.

You were in AA wow did not know that is everything ok now:D according to every post I have read over at matrix there will be an AI for MWIF. The only problem I have is at my age now I will be in a nursing home without internet when the game is completed if ever:confused: If you have nothing else to do other than to make a trench warfare game:mad: wouldnt it be better if you scooted over to Matrix and help Steve complete his massive endeavour.

Bo

That's the thing about these large, sophisticated games like WitP, WitE, and soon MWiF, it will take forever to play, likely years to play against a human. We've all just framed SC as the only "practical" solution, great against your fellow playing partners, a good AI, and the game plays smoothly so you can have a life enhancement instead of something that never gets finished, meaning the game patches will likely never address all the problems.

Big Al, I'm kind of wondering about giving your mod a run through on H vs H, instead of the AI, do you have any comments about balance?

And Bo, at least in the Old Folks Home, you'll be aware(hopefully), heck, I'll probably be dead. Also consider yourself lucky if "jack wagon" is the most derogatory term your wife uses to describe your character. If mine used that description for me, I would consider it a term of endearment!:o

Sure Seamonkey the game will play HvH no problem. if you like I will do a human vs human with you for it. I'll send you a private msg with my email so we can exchange. I will send you the new updated files. Its play balanced for HvH (At least best I could have done).

I have to add things to assist the AI but it isnt just loading them with tons of units. I build my AI on specific purchase scripts and objectives only adding key units. For example: I cant predict if the AI will have enough HQs for a 1941 Barb, so I simply give them 3 at reduced strength so they spend MPPs to build them up (as if they purchsed them). I could script it in with a purchase script and a decision script but its another complex script and a slowdown in the game.

That I know of there is no way to simulate human intuition in a game with many unknown variables. So you have to cheat for the AI and give them intel to make it look like intuition. I dont even think they will be able to program a computer to beat a person in No Limit Holdem for example. There are too many psychological factors involved that change play. I know I have been playing Holdem for 6 years now, profitable I might add.

Only if we develop real AI it might happen, but again a computer AI will never know what it is to be human just as we will never understand aliens if we encounter them. We have different bodies, reactions, and chemical interactions so its hard to understand someone else, much less a different entity, if you never experienced what they do.

Man I ramble.

I agree with your AI philosophy, and I must say, I believe your mod is the best at presenting a competitive AI. I would really like to play your campaign H to H and there's no better challenge then playing the developer, but right now I've just started a mirror with Nupremal/Vypuero and have two others that began after the patch, all with Nup's mod.

We got busy at work, I'm doing 12 hour days, and already I'm getting behind, but if things slow down, I expect after the first of the year, then, yes, let's do a game. Keep me updated with revisions so I can stay somewhat familiar with your campaign's idiosyncracies. Send them to my work email, btaylor@camincargo.com, my Wifi at home(bradtap@aol.com) is fricken lousy, very slow the last few weeks, but my T-line at work screams.:)