Battle for Caen hotfix

This small hotfix fixes some annoyances in MP missions (Challenger tank being empty and Nebelwerfer fire coming from British side of a map) and adds ambient sounds to Caen battles (campaign, multiplayer and generator ones).

To install it, simply unpack this archive into game folder overwriting existing files.

You can download it using this link:

http://www.filedropper.com/caenhotfix

Will this hotfix correct the cannot finish mission 6? If so, how do you get the fix without joining some download-upload company? Or should I put it this way, Is there ever going to be a "common sense" solution to some of these problems? LOL!

Mahalo, for any help.

• 1 month later...

I extracted the file as stated above and still no ambient sounds. Tanks are still silently knocking down trees in Kursk and Caen.

Since the hotfix does not fix the ambient sound problem, will this be fixed in an upcoming formal patch for Kursk and Caen?

• 10 months later...

Nope. There were NO files in the folder at all except for an executeable. I did find them by right clicking on the Battle for Caen icon on the desktop and then using "find the executeable" to locate them. But what's really crazy is they all showed up in the same location where the executable is!!!! So I can't locate them via Windows Explorer but I can locate them by right-clicking on the executeable.

Not only that, but AVG keeps picking up the updater as a virus. Here is where I explain in detail what's not working...

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=101647

Right now I have everything uninstalled. I may just install Battle for Kursk and see if I can get that working. I will have to delete the updater executeable because AVG keeps poppoing up a warning that it's a virus. :(

Okay, I did a re-install. It appears you are right Sneaksie. The icon is a folder. That's a first for me. :eek: Not sure that's such a great idea, though. But at least I know where the files are. Now I have another question....do I let Battle for Caen install at it's default location? I notice the installer asks you if you want to install it somewhere else.

And AVG is STILL picking up the updater as a virus. :(

• 4 years later...

Unfortunately the file linked above is actually MALWARE DO NOT DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL IT ! The original download probably expired and some evil hacker uploaded a malware 'dropper' that will screw up your browsers and a multitude of other things.

To my knowledge the fix mentioned in this thread is NOT incorporated into the current download. However it appears that the fix regarding ambient sounds was not fully successful. The latest version of TOW 2 Kursk with the Caen add-on will b 1.5.0. There is no further support/updates from 1C for the TOW series, so whatever the attempted hotfixes that were in this file will not be fully incorporated into any further updates.

I'll have to check my various systems to see if I have the original download that was posted here. If I can find it I will message you and possibly send it to you.

Edited by Schrullenhaft

Here is a link to the Caen Hotfix that was originally posted in this thread (167Kb, .zip file). It is a DropBox hosted file that I'll leave up, but it could disappear at some point in the future:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cr4eu361xafhpmf/CaenHotfix.zip?dl=0

You will need to manually place the files in your installation, which should overwrite existing files. I would suggest backing up those existing files in case this Hotfix does not work and/or causes other problems.