New Global Conflict Tournament announced

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Rambo, looks like tournament rules are not that important for you because I wanna make the groups and the basics. You starting and make own rules. Tournament should fun for everyone, don't forget that. That is the Rambo I know. :(

OK, I take it as it is. I don't know players skill of Abukede but will take him to Group A with you.

Maybe some other players wanna start up. So I will finish rule finding and make the Tournament Draw this weekend.

To all players, you could still sign in till 2010-11-30

Here are the basic Rules of the Global Conflict Tournament:

1) Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict patch v1.04 is recommended, please update!

2) “World at war” is the Default Campaign to play. Only 1 single PBEM game is required. Other campaigns, TCP/IP and mirror games are possible.

3) Every game has to be finished in 90 days. Group phase from 2010-12-01 till 2011-02-28

4) “Minor victory conditions” If any game isn’t finished in 90 days the games minor victory conditions decides the match

Axis minor victory conditions are (after 90 days in tournament)

Berlin, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, Seoul, Manila

Allies minor victory conditions (after 90 days in tournament)

Paris, London, Moscow, Washington, Chungking, Delhi, Manila, Canberra

Other conditions are tied games! REMARK: Because of “Fair play” in this case it is needed to play at least 120 turns in these 90 days. If not arbitrator will choose player for next round. Maybe turn files has to be checked. After playing the group phase this rule has to be reconsidered.

5) “Changing side rule” Every player has to play Axis AND Allies. After playing one side next match should be played with other side. Other agreement with opponent is possible.

Example: Player 1 played Axis and wanna play Axis in next group match too. He could try to arrange his request to his opponent. This is possible by arrangement!! If his opponent (Player 2) played Allies in first match and he wanna play Axis now Player 1 must change his side.

Example: Player 1 and Player 2 both played Axis in first match and wanna stay playing Axis in next match against each other. Now alphabetical order is taken and gives the Player “Alpha” the final decision against Player “Betha” for this match. But if “Alpha” played Axis 2 times he fall behind against any player who played 1 each or 2 times Allies in any upcoming match.

6) “Group phase” Every group has 3 players. 2 games are needed to play each other. Group phase lasts from 2010-12-01 till 2011-02-28. How many players will reach the KO rounds (1 or 2 players of each group) depends on how many players sign in till 2010-11-30

Group A: Rambo, Abukede, Catacol Highlander

Group B: Fritz, Clausewitz, The Great Santini

Group C: Javi, Realbilly, Winti

Group D: Dragon, Pacestick, ShaunB

Group E INCOMPLETE: Alexandre le grand, Sandy

http://www.panzerliga.de/dt/docs/for...pic.php?t=2913

I still need email addresses from players in group A and Alexandre le grand,

please contact me here heiko.haupt@versanet.de

Good luck and have fun

Amadeus

Group A - I'm ready to roll whenver you are. Time constraints probably mean I should not play a mirror game.

Guys - how's about I play Rambo with me as Allies and Abukede with me as Axis?

Cheers

Al

Yes, choosing side would work! If anybody needs an email address contact me.

Any room for a small one? Count me in. I'll pm Amadeus with my email

One comment - the axis minor victory conditions are too easy to achieve compared to the Allies but as you say we'll all play both sides at some point

I look forward to kicking Rambo's ass again in the final :)

One comment - the axis minor victory conditions are too easy to achieve compared to the Allies but as you say we'll all play both sides at some point

I'm ready right now, son. Your weather luck was my first trist back in the cage. My A-game is the here & now. Record speaks for itself. I'm undefeated as Allies, and have a few KO's as Axis.

I'm the baddest man on the planet,

-Legend

Rambo - let's get cracking on this tourney. Amadeus is unable to give me your email address yet cos he says he hasnt got it. Can you fire it his way and then we can get cracking - he has mine already.

What did you think of my suggestion on sides? I know you are already playing Abukede - does me as allies with you as axis fit that ok, or are you already playing him as axis? I'll slot in to make sure that each player is playing once as each side.

Actually agree with this comment about victory conditions "under 90 days". Play a turn per day as Axis & you should be able to win every game. turn #100 is where the Allies are on major offensives which really start rolling..... Turn #100 is roughly Summer 1944, I think?

Sure, I have a Group F already and you just sign in!

17 players are playing the Tournament so far:

A: Rambo, Abukede, Catacol Highlander

B: Clausewitz, Fritz, The Great Santini

C: Javi, Realbilly, Winti

D: Dragon, ShaunB, Pacestick

E: Sandy, Alexandre le grand, Epic

F: Guderian, Minty, ?next volunteer? :)

Important News to all players!!!

We have a financial support for our tournament. We could proudly announce price money sponsored by players and we have price money sponsored by battlefront as well.

$ 80 for the winner

£ 20 voucher for the second place to be spent on WW2 goodies here:

http://www.epicmilitaria.com/product.php/835/german-army-officer-visor

All we could say is thank you for the generous offers!!

@Catacol Highlander --- Hey buddy, I sent the first turn. You've got the Allies. Good luck buddy (but not too much luck).

Hey, does anybody got a scouting report on this guy? Seriously, I've played so many different players, I just need a read or a tell. Anybody, what's this dude all about?

-Legend

@Catacol Highlander --- Hey buddy, I sent the first turn. You've got the Allies. Good luck buddy (but not too much luck).

Hey, does anybody got a scouting report on this guy? Seriously, I've played so many different players, I just need a read or a tell. Anybody, what's this dude all about?

-Legend

Don't worry about him, he can barely manage to manipulate his mouse especially when the wind is whistling up his sporan :-)