Time limit overide

Been discussed at fair length earlier. Here is the thread with all the pros and cons. At the moment the cons outway the pros. To summarise the main con is the scenario designer creates the AI Plan to work (generally) within the scenario time limit. You extend the time and after the AI Plan time line has ended but the scenario continues you'll have the AU units just sitting there reacting.

I think for this main reason and others as discussed in the thread (link below) I would think it unlikely that BFC would allow a scenario time length override. FWIW you can awlays open the scenario in the editor and max out the time limit (although just watch doing this as many desingers have higher HQ elements posted as reinforcements at a time past their created scenario time length).

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=87017&highlight=change+scenario+time+limit&page=3

Yeah, I'd like to extend the time limit for a bunch of the quick battle maps as they are unrealistically short, but now most seem to make use of timed suicide charges, so if you don't rush your guys into the objective, it just becomes a turkey shoot. Variable time is a no go until we get objective/condition-based counterattack/reinforcement triggers.

yea wha im after is even extentions to the max, as i find 3/4 of the time i spend prepping and moving into position, but as im executing my plan i find im almost out of time so i have to rush alot of units and end up with alot of casulties as opposed to seeing my plan through.

Would there be any possibility of moving everything to 2 hrs, even if it means the enemy AI just react to my moves rather that doing things on there own?

thanks for the replies as well guys.

No-one can change Campaign scenario time limits except the original creator of the Campaign. This is what annoys me about most Campaigns - they set the time limit on individual missions way too low imho. Unless it is part of the plot (save the captives before they are shot; prevent the blowing of the bridge/dam) there is no reason why max or near max times should not be used for most missions Anything else, in reality, costs lives - if it takes 3 hours to clear a stretch of four buildings, with minimum or no casualties, then HQ prefers it. If you have to sit for an hour waiting for engineers to come and clear a potential IED, then so be it. In terms of the game, the limitations of AI mean that artificial time limits force you to unrealistic and expensive tactical decisions.

Max em out, gents, every time!

Extending time limits could be seen as a way of 'cheating'. You wait-out AI opponent commands then attack once everybody's stationary. The scenario designer most often bases AI opponent moves on certain assumptions - like the attacking force will attack at some point. :) If the attacking force instead runs out the clock before starting his moves the scenario designer gameplay assumptions are thrown off.

But I admit i am one of those who lobby for a 'continue play?' option button at the end of a scenario. Tacking on an extra 10 minutes to finish your moves isn't the same as turning a 45 minute-designed battle into a 2 hour battle.

But I admit i am one of those who lobby for a 'continue play?' option button at the end of a scenario. Tacking on an extra 10 minutes to finish your moves isn't the same as turning a 45 minute-designed battle into a 2 hour battle.

Would play on option with a slight points penalty be a compromise?

I dislike rushing arbitarily too. And occassionally frustrated at AI surrender :)