Axis Raiders and mining ports?

Hi, I haven't been able to find this question in any thread so perhaps I'm being overly pedantic in reading the flavour text. I don't have the exact phrasing, but the Germans get a dialogue box on turn two of the 1939 scenario indicating that "Axis Surface Raiders may now raid costal waters"? The text goes on to indicate that all available shipping should raid supply routes and to "mine" the harbours of Halifax, Melbourne, etc.

What exactly is mining the harbour and how does one do it? I've placed my surface ships in the locations where the freighter symbol is and it diminishes the resources in that location. (e.g. 31,31 by trinidad). Is this what is meant by "mining", or is there some other special function available to certain ships (or under certain conditions)?

TIA,

Ryddle

If you move ships/subs into the squares around ports that have pictures of ships, you "raid" the port, and it will lose strength and you can shut it down. If the port has a read line meaning it is part of a convoy route, you can shut down the convoys.

In other words, it is handled abstractly.

• 2 weeks later...