1.02 Patch

Chops

• The option to Bake Scenarios in the Editor is still not available.
  • Cannot assign points to Terrain Objectives in the Editor.

Bake Scenarios is not present, I think it is a features abandoned.

The Terrain Objectives in the Editor, work. Have you try to paint on map?

Yeah, I know Steve mentioned that Baked Scenarios will not be included in CM:Normandy. However, the CM:A manual talks about Baking.

Regarding the terrain objectives, you are correct, with the exception of points for an Exit Objective. Wondering why points can't be assigned to exit?

Trucks - what is the purpose of having them in game if troops can't be loaded or ammo acquired? They do make nice fireballs, so maybe that's it.

Oh well Mikey, thanks for the info. I have kind of enjoyed making baked scenarios, however, they are limited. For example, on map units will not follow AI plans. If you want AI plans to work, you have to set all the units that you want to follow a plan, as reinforcements. Of course the units on map at the start of a scenario will follow baked orders (not AI plans) which is the main point. The ability to set delayed artillery or airstrikes was also a nice feature.

Yes, you can have baked orders for the Human player at the start of a scenario. I have used it primarily for the AI side, along with the delayed airstrikes/artillery. For the AI to follow AI plans, you must have the AI troops come in as reinforcements. The AI on map troops will follow whatever baked orders you give them, but not AI plans.

OK, so it seems the problems boil down to:

1. CM:A manual incorrectly retaining the description of Baking, even though it is in fact an abandoned feature. Good in theory, not exactly what we wanted in execution, hardly used by players. Not worth maintaining.

2. Trucks lacking passenger capacity. Unfortunately adding support for that many passenger spaces is a real PITA to do. Snowball made the decision to not include passenger capacity because they felt troops wouldn't ride in the back of trucks in a tactical environment. Unless they change their minds the status quo will remain.

Steve

With all due respect Steve, the whole truck thing is goofy...I understand it would be a PIA to do but I still think Mujis would use them as transport even if the Russians wouldn't. And we wouldn't need to see them seated since they are covered. Isn't there a way just to have them loaded, code wise, without having to place them physically? And/or a way to have them carry ammo?

If not, it is what it is, but Snowball's argument is at least half wrong in my opinion.

Mord.