Your favorite NATO campaign

While I love the Germans, and I see many others do, I have to say so far my favorite is the Canadian Campaign. It's uncharacteristically infantry heavy, and its a refreshing new problem to solve!

Also the Canadians have a certain 'exotic' nature to them, being a VERY rare inclusion in strategy games, to the consternation of Canadians everywhere Id imagine :D

The first mission in this campaign is one of my favorites overall so far for these reasons!.

As a cheesehead, the Dutch camp is obviously my favourite :)

However i'm still wondering what all my soldiers did with their radio's. Whassup with having to bring the bloody company HQ along with you on the front line battle just because nobody got a radio. I mean I know we are stingy, but this is a bridge too far.

Same for those CV9035s, thought that was one of the best protected IFV's at the moment but they seem not so tough. Just had one taken out from the front side by an RPG-7, without the 105mm round iirc. We must have sold all armour packages for gold bars and carry them around in it, so it still weighs ~35 tons.

Luckily i'm not alone in this amazement as others have noted it as well, but there were no real definitive answers yet.

If it makes you feel any better I've had MBTs (US/UK) taken out by side RPG shots. I had a LAV III survive 2 RPG hits (One to the rear) in the 2nd mission. So go figure.

*SPOILERS*

I've only played the Canadian, as I still have to finish the Brit campaign so refuse to start another one. I'm stuck on mission 2, but I agree that its awesome.

The first mission with nothing but straight infantry was such a refreshing pace for a stock campaign mission. Its the first mission ever I've had to pull units off the line and fix bayonets . The fact that there was so much open ground too, was the icing on the cake. All my units were either out of ammo, or almost out of ammo at the end of mission, and I by the time I was in a position to make a crossing, I just didn't have enough time left and failed.

The 2nd mission is awesome but the way I play, I need more time. I had to cheat t see how the enemy is being deployed after 3 failed attempts. If I had more time, I would have won my 2nd and 3rd, but I hate losing men and doing it properly takes a lot of time in an urban environment. I didn't have enough infantry to make a massive push so had to focus local firepower, suppress and clear buildings....and theres a lot of buildings....99% empty. I think if I played WEGO it would have been easier as I tend to get hyper focused on a platoon until they have reached the objectives I have set for them which eats up a lot of time.

Someone said today that the scenario designers don't get enough credit, and that is really true. In the context of that discussion there was no way to know who did what previously, so I am glad they get credit within the game. Anyhow, PT, hats off, I've never lost 2 in a row. You can tell an expert made these 2 missions. The first mission is a breath of fresh air in all regards, and the 2nd mission is so smartly done....I can't say enough good things. Can't wait to see what MikeyD's contribution to the Canadian campaign is going to be like

As a cheesehead, the Dutch camp is obviously my favourite

Sunday Night Football must have made your night. I'm a Farve cheese head, so while a small part of me was glad GB won, I was probably more devastated than Farve was