Sign in to follow this  
Rocko1

Any Thought to A WW3 Version of this?

There's already a sort of version of this called "WW3 Even Start, V1". Its not exactly a contemporary setting, but assumes a future configuration of power.

More like a chess game with 3 active participants per side.

You could do a good game and only use a few tactical nukes, especially if you put it in the 50's or early 60's. Even going into the 80's you'd just have to stipulate that no strategic nukes were used because of MAD. Sounds like fun to me.

Sorry Rocko, it was there before, search the forum for the post on it and perhaps contact the author for the scenario.

I still have it in my campaigns folder at home so worst comes to worst I can send it to you. I haven't run it in a while so not sure it will work on the newest patch.

After reading Gerenal John Hackett's Third World War and Clancy's Red Storm Rising this summer, I thought exactly the same thing. An 80's era NATO / Warsaw Pact sim would be interesting and open the series up to some modern mods.