Possible Bug -- City Strength in 1946 Case Neptune Scenario

MJY

Hey all,

I am playing the Case Neptune scenario. Pretty wild playing with all those units!

Anyway, my US forces captured all of the Kaukasus minor Axis country and most of Turkey, but all those cities that I captured have remained at a maximum of 4 strength points. I do have a rail connection back to Tehran (even though Iraq is allied with the Axis).

Am I missing something? Obviously, that has seriously impeded my supply lines and (perhaps more importantly) my ability to operate in and around the region.

By the way, I have saved a couple of files to illustrate the issue.

Hi

I've taken a look in the scenario and the reason for this is that Turkey and some other countries in the vicinity have been set to 70% Max Occupational Efficiency.

I would suggest if you play this scenario again to raise their Max Occupational Efficiency to 80%, and hopefully you will then be able to operate in and out!

Hi MJY

Don't worry, it's not complicated to do. If you find the editor.exe in the game's folder, open it up and then once it's open, click on the Open File icon in the top left and click on the Case Neptune cgn file.

With it open, click on Campaign in the top menu and then Edit Country Data. Now you will see a list of countries down the left hand side, and by clicking on the one you want, you will see various settings for that one. The setting for Max Occupational Efficiency is on the right hand side, and can be modified using the up and down arrows.

I would change all the relevant countries to 80% and then click on Save As, you will have to change the name because Case Neptune is a protected file. Once you've done this you'll be able to start a new game using your modified campaign (it might take a minute to save because it will copy all the Case Neptune files over to this new campaign).

As to my screen name, it actually has no meaning at all. I live in England so wouldn't know what Bill 101 is in Quebec - I presume it it's a bill for passing something in the parliament?

Bill101,

Thanks for the answer. I have a busy couple of days ahead, but will give it a go towards the middle of the week. I'll let you (and any other readers) know how it goes.

As for Bill 101, that was a hugely controversial piece of legislation in this country. What happened was that back in the mid-1970s, the province of Quebec was controlled by a separatist party. (Think Welsh or Scottish separatists whereas this refers to French Canadians.) Bill 101 was a provincial law that made the use of french mandatory on all business signs -- even if owned by an anglophone. Most children were required to attend french language schools. And so on.

The bill went to absurd lengths to promote the french language. A store with a name like Eaton's (note the apostrophe) was required to change to a francophone formulation (no apostrophe) and so on. The law caused great consternation for the large anglophone minority in Quebec and tens of thousands of anglophones moved out of cities like Montreal in the following years.

The law was eventually ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. But that did not stop the Quebec nationalists who used an even more controversial clause in the Canadian Constitution to "exempt" their laws from constitutional oversight for a number of years.

I could go on (I teach this stuff over here), but I am sure I have bored you enough. :-)