Problem with PBEM?

bill brock

I cannot seem to initiate a PBEM game. My version is 1.01 (Build 8164). Do I need to download a more recent version? Because when I go to Multiplayer --> PBEM Games --> New Game (create) I just get a pop up "The Play by Email system is in development. It may be unstable or have problems. You must be connected to the internet while playing a PBEM game..."

Well, I am connected to the internet when I try to start a new game, and it still doesn't let me start it. So I am wondering if I need a new version or is this till "in development"??

OK, after I get that message then a "Game Setup" window opens that supposedly allows me to plug in the variables I want. I hit OK and a "New Game (Create) window opens. It has a field for a Game Name. Then it says "player keys are used to allow client players to log in to their game. You need to copy these keys and give one key to each player. For security reason they are only valid once."

Fine, but when I hit the OK button for this window, nothing happens. Repeated pressin, nothing happens. The player keys are not provided, so far as I can tell.. Someone please advise me what is going on, thanks.

OK, after I get that message then a "Game Setup" window opens that supposedly allows me to plug in the variables I want. I hit OK and a "New Game (Create) window opens. It has a field for a Game Name. Then it says "player keys are used to allow client players to log in to their game. You need to copy these keys and give one key to each player. For security reason they are only valid once."

Fine, but when I hit the OK button for this window, nothing happens. Repeated pressin, nothing happens. The player keys are not provided, so far as I can tell.. Someone please advise me what is going on, thanks.

Hi Bill. The latest version of the game is 1.01.13801. I'm not sure if that's the problem, but it could be. You should get a yellow-highlighted button on the right side of the main menu that says "Update Available" or "Check for Updates". Press that button to automatically download and install the latest version. (If you're running Vista or Windows 7 and the Updater has problems getting the latest update, you may need to give the Updater6.exe application administrator privileges.)