Poll: What should be worked on?

Brit

I thought about that bug report (email) that you are referring to and think I have a simpler way to represent the two minor issues: In short: if a friendly city is outside one-way flight range...the skull should show up.

1. Fuel range violation (skull symbol) is NOT displayed, or removed, when a player right-clicks, or ctrl-right-clicks to route to a friendly city, *even* if that route is outside the plane's range. The plane doesn't fly there so no big deal.

This also affects subsequent waypoints: A player can also a) right-click to route a plan to a one-way death (skull symbol) shows up, to some point on the map B) then ctrl-right-click on a friendly city. Voila: the skull goes away from waypoint one. Visually: it appears that the whole flight plan is ok. Nope: that plane will die on waypoint one.

2. (from my email). I created a single scenario in which I can get the skull symbol to show up during a multi-point flight plan between friendly cities. I haven't duplicate this one...but have save game showing it. It appears to require the first waypoint city to be out of one-way flight range.

Yesterday, I spent some time looking over problems with aircraft paths. I ended up fixing a number of bugs. I also changed it so that you can't tell your aircraft to fly to a friendly city that is out of range. (The old system would let you setup a flight path, but show a skull icon at the location where the plane would crash. Now, it will prevent the flight path from being created in the first place. The cursor will also show an "illegal" image if you hover over an unreachable city.)

If there are two of the same empire instances in the same game, suggest to have their their icons be different color or other indication. Upon resuming a game, I looked at the game map and freaked out for a minute until I remembered that I was playing against two Yamamoto empires, unrelated by blood:).

If there are two of the same empire instances in the same game, suggest to have their their icons be different color or other indication. Upon resuming a game, I looked at the game map and freaked out for a minute until I remembered that I was playing against two Yamamoto empires, unrelated by blood:).

Two players with the same flag? I wasn't aware that could happen. (Although it's possible for one player to have the Japanese flag while another has the Japanese war flag.) How was the game setup when you started it? Was it a quick start game or a regular game with a random number of additional AI players.

Hi Brit,

I did a standard game setup with 1 Rommel and 4-4 Random players (five player game). Two of them ended up "Yamamoto" with the same Rising Sun style red flag...for both the foreign relations and map flags. They played as entirely different empires.

Hi Brit,

I did a standard game setup with 1 Rommel and 4-4 Random players (five player game). Two of them ended up "Yamamoto" with the same Rising Sun style red flag...for both the foreign relations and map flags. They played as entirely different empires.

I tracked down this bug and fixed it. It's in the next update.

Any word on searching new areas and finding recources? Some way of calling your attenchen or your unit picking up the recource?

Okay, I made changes to the ad-hoc order system (the ad-hoc system is used to automatically give orders to units - for example, attacking enemy units based on field orders). Units will now automatically capture resources, as long as:

- The resource was just discovered

- The unit has no orders other than movement orders (if you have orders to attack something, it will ignore the newly discovered resource)

- There are no enemies (that you know of) in the immediate area

- The resource is currently owned by no-one or a player that you are at war with

I suspect that there might be some other factors I should put into the system to keep your units from running after newly discovered resources when you don't want them to.

Any idea of having a unit improve the recource number?