Centauro expansion

Novara-5rgt

I own a hard copy of Theatre of War 2 - Africa 1943 installed on a different path than the default.

On friday I bought on the site of the Battlefront 'expansion "Centaurus", along with the link I received the activation code.

I installed the 'expansion in the same path and have not received any message of error.

At the end, the procedure did not ask me to activate the game. I launched the exe file.

Result: nothing. I remain on the desktop.

Since the installation procedure overwrites the original exe, of course not even the most basic game.

In an attempt to restore the initial situation (TOW 2 running), I, 's order:

- Withdrawn the 'activation

- Uninstall the game,

- Clean the registry,

- Reinstalled the game,

- Remade 's activation.

Result: Only the desktop.

Conclusion: Now not only can not I use the 'expansion but I can not even use the basic game.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Sorry for the bad English

O.S: Win XP SP3

Thanks

What distribution of TOW 2 Africa 1943 do you have ? There's a note on the ordering page for the Centauro expansion that mentions:

"Theatre of War 2 - Centauro requires the original english Battlefront.com version of Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943 to be installed in order to play."

I've taken the above statement to mean that other distributions of TOW 2 Africa 1943 will NOT work with Centauro. I'm not absolutely certain of that (since I don't have a non-Battlefront version of TOW 2), but it may be a possible reason for the problem that you are seeing.

I would have expected that you would get a 'license dialog box' when you attempt to run TOW 2 Africa 1943 after installing Centauro. If you don't get that, you may need to make some changes to DEP (Data Execution Prevention). Here's our Knowledgebase article on DEP. The 'Runservice.exe' file in your '\Windows' directory may not exist if you have not successfully licensed any other eLicense games. That file would have to be added to your DEP exceptions AFTER you have successfully licensed (and possibly before you can even play the game).

Another thing to watch out for with eLicense is the interference from some security software programs. We've seen particular problems with ZoneAlarm, F-Secure, Spyware Doctor and others. Some require being uninstalled in order to get eLicense to work.

I have a hard copy published by Excalibur Publishing.

I had already read the article on the changes to DEP and do not understand.

By default DEP is only enabled for essential Windows programs.

I do not understand why should I turn it on for all programs and then establish exceptions.

Re-reading the page Battlefront think I've made a mistake: it is quite clear that expansion will only work with Centaur ToW2 of Battlefront.

Patience: I threw $ 25.

Remains a problem: ToW2 (previously worked) now will not start.

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a set of hardware and software technologies that perform additional checks on memory to help prevent malicious code from running on a system. In Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) and later Windows versions, DEP is enforced by hardware and by software.

The primary benefit of DEP is to help prevent code execution from data pages. Typically, code is not executed from the default heap and the stack. Hardware-enforced DEP detects code that is running from these locations and raises an exception when execution occurs. Software-enforced DEP can help prevent malicious code from taking advantage of exception-handling mechanisms in Windows.

Unfortunately eLicense runs into problems with this setup, for some reason or another. We have found that it is SOMETIMES necessary for users to ENABLE DEP and then set exceptions for our games and the eLicense service executable 'Runservice.exe' to make sure that it is NOT getting interfered with by DEP.

It is quite possible that the Centauro expansion will not work with the Excalibur distribution of TOW 2 Africa. If that is the case, then you can contact us via the Helpdesk and 'Submit a Ticket' and provide your order# and license key and we'll see if it is possible to get STORE CREDIT for your Centauro purchase (and basically disable the license key for your Centauro expansion).

To get your TOW 2 Africa 1943 playing again, you will need to reinstall the game from the Excalibur disc and then patch it via the AutoUpdater or whatever method the Excalibur distribution uses for updates.