[UFC #5] Rambo (Allies) vs Xwormwood (Axis)

December 1941

[England] The Island is in a blanket of snow & surrounded by U-Boats & a couple BB's. Yes, the Royal Navy is not home. Come land, go for it. SeaLion is waiting.

[Russia] 87%, snow, showing +1 Infantry, +1 Anti-Tank.

[China] I'm not doing as well in this game as the Chinese. Xwormwood has the momentum & power punch, while I don't have much. Just trying to hold the line.

[Egypt] Axis waxed the overextended WDF-Army. 7th Armour drives back East to El Amen fortress. English have fought bravely in Egypt & Atlantic.....we need friends to help.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russia joined the Allies, but is not at war with Germany.

Royal Sovereign appeared in Manchester, i guess that means that the RN won't come very soon to defend India. Interesting.

Nothing happend in China.

Peaceful christmas 1941, just like the Führer had always promised.

Btw.: if you think you see planes at the sky above you, than rest assured, dear allied soldier: this is surely only Santa Sushi with his little helpers Donner and Blitzen, visiting every country to drop some presents....

January 1942

The Nazis are choking the crap out of the English convoys. Royal Navy is sitting the winter out after all the early action. British do nothing in Egypt, need to hold the line. Some stray Iraqi unit is invading Israel.

Russians own all their territory. Readiness is ready, but no need to DOW. Instead, the Reds pile-up half dozen units +1 infantry +1 anti-tank around & in Riga. We're going to fight up front, see what Adolf has got on the delayed/no Barby strategy.

Chinese are in no position except an attempt to hold the line. I have no visible tech, while the Japs pick on my weak mountain units.

Feb 1942

Wow, no report from Xwormwood, he was so busy attacking everything & everybody in the Pacific. Japs thrash on Pearl Harbor, they don't kill everything, but it was nasty, think I lost 3-BB. He landing on all the majors: Phillipines, DutchOven, Singapore, numerous islands, and even raiding Austrialia with BB.

Germans/Russians still staring each other down across the Polish border. Both sides show +1 Infantry, +1 Anti-Tank....no idea on other tech. He has a ton of units, so no delayed SeaLion, Yanks have joined anyways.

England getting choked, NOT GOOD. He wasted BB in Manchest. Even worse now, end of my turn CV shows up there with 5/5 strength. He'll be dead....surrounded by 3+ subs, BB......Royal Navy needs to step it up & quit hiding. Yanks will need to send the USN.

Its not my turn to brag about pyrrhic victories, but still: sorry for my lack of comments in the AAR (!).

My job eats me alive these days.

In China nothing happened, i kick, i bite, and i push against the chinese, but with no countable success whatsoever.

The Philippines, Borneo, Thailand, Rabaul, Solomons and some useless minor islands were taken in the first two turns of Japans hunt for glory.

Some CAs got sunk, but the Subs are free to rampage my convoys or amphibs.

Africa stands in front of Alemain.

The Kriegsmarine tries to choke the UK as much as possible.

Rambos naval units all appear in the UK, but for their bad luck at a time where the Kriegsmarine can molest Albions beaches without any problems.

Russia is covered in Snow, so i won't attack there untils the weather turns for the better.

Probably the same reason keep rambo from attacking me.

Well, to be honest, there are some fights. But only because the Russian black sea navy parked their units next to the rumanian coast.

So my rumanian fighters can attack them each turn even though both countries still haven't declared the state of war.

All in all it is tough for the axis. The United states alone generate the same amount of income as Germany and Japan together.

So with each allied turn i'm at least 400 gold coin behind the allied income.

Its juuuuuust a matter of time before jjr will be able to whip me where and when he feels the urge to do so...

alc.jpg?t=1287086600

Dude, everybody's job eats them alive. Screw the man, play the game both here & in the office. Turn sent.

Xwormwood sounds rather down, so we'll attack. Russians & USA declare war on Nazi Germany. Russians do worthless pings against Romanians. We're going to fight right on the border, live or die.

Malaya and Singapore taken.

The chinese start to bleed, even though no unit was lost due to my attacks.

Russia attacked poor Germany, but due to the winter no heavy losses occur (again, a not sooooo very historical feature of SC).

Still no sign of any allied navy.

Midway, Fiji, Bougainville taken.

Ragoon about to fall.

Mombasa taken., so no more convoys from here.

At least for the time beiing.

In Russia pleasentries were exchanged:

last turn rambo killed one of mine tanks, this turn i killed 3 of his.

Next turn i will pobably lose one again.

UK still besieged by the axis navies.

1942412.jpg?t=1287224669

One more Russian tank near Kiev gone, while i lost a minor corps one turn earlier.

In the UK, the RN returned.

With two submarine fleets. One of my CAs gone, but those subs won't go anywhere without reinforcements.

ma42.jpg?t=1287309086

In Africa the UK tank unit killed another one of my italian armies.

Japan conquered Burma and shelled the australian coast lines.

China: same old, same old: hitting, biting, kicking, moving, waiting, boring.

Things sizing up well for the Western Allies. It's a slugging matching at Sea & on the Russian front. An exhange of combat in 1942 is more than good for the good guys. Russians just exchanging punches on the original border. Kreigsmarine has got to be tired after all the early combat.

The RN Subs escaped, but 2 allied DDs got sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic.

Russians sit at the german-russian border to receive the answer for their totally uncalled attack against germany.

The dutch Sub near Thailand is no more, and Nuoema & another island got conquered by the japanese.

Suva (?) sees fights between the invading japanese SF corps and free american Tank. I came to late to prevent the free placement.

The allies are back: the RN and USN sailed toward England with appr. 4 CV and several other naval units.

2 germann BBs and on CA were sunk in the initial attack.

My subs were pressed under the water.

Russia with no big achievement, even though i wasted a german army (attacking with strength 1 is not a good idea when surrouneded by the enemy, next turn its over for them).

All in all both sides hit each other hard, but the front hasn't moved as much as a french living next to a -beeeeep-, just ot bring this famous Black Adder quote (from the WW1 TV show) at least once here in the forum. :D

Rambo sent the New Sealand corps to Nouema, as the port was still in his hand. But his men weren't able to kill the strength 1 japanese SF, which no is back to strength 4. On Suva my SF didn't achieved nothing, and the american tank is now back to strength.

742.jpg?t=1287339404

Yes, the Allies are back, and clearing up the Atlantic & North Sea waters. Axis own Iceland, don't care. What I do care about, that stupid Ireland in my way. The Yanks DOW on the Irish, blast them away, we wanted the port. Bad news thought, the Norwegians weren't really excited about that Western boldness, Norway joins the Axis. We chase U-boats, can't be many left, maybe 2 damaged?

Allied units start pinging Normandy where Luftwaffen Fighter is scouting. American bomber pops the Mine in Germany, can't tell the damage, but we got hits.

Egypt is home of the 7th Armour of England, he swats Italian ground units every turn. Wow, does Xwormwood enjoy slugfest games.

Russia, speaking of slugging, the Russians keep fighting. We are both taking damage.

China, same thing, ground fighting, but we are the one's taking the damage. Chinese have no punch. Just getting worked on in the mountains by superior lead Japs.

Couple little things happening in the Pacific. Jap Navy sniffing and raiding Austrialia & New Zealand. Yanks show starting weak ships in that area. Couple small land unit battles on the worthless islands......but hey, what else is there to do in 1942.

Norway joined the Axis, and Sweden took a step toward the Axis as well.

In Russia i lost my weak army.

Rambos Navy no showed its flag in the english chanel again.

My naval reaction didn't reached its target, an american CV, but got suck at the covering units. Only my little german fighter reduced the Carrier at least a tiny bit.

One of my CA pirates the US-american shores, but has soon to chose another ground to play in.

Africa is no tale of glory for me. Enough to stand, but not enough punch to advance.

Brasil joined the allies, just as the 40% toward Axis leaning Mexico.:eek::confused:

Always puzzeling, that these things only happen because the campaign designer thinks it has to be. Script, not players action. Grmbfblbl.

The Anzac retreated from Nouema toward New Zealand.

Odditiy: even though i have a ship on the raiding symbol near cape town the convoys still stream out of the port, port strength doesn't fall a bit.

Bug or no bug, that is here the question.

The russian tanks are back, both sides to suffer heavily in the next few turns.

A rogue UK corps with no tech advance landed in France. Dieppe all the way.

A japanese SF unit landed in then north-east australian town.

American naval units near New Zealand, stumbled into a CA and a SS with my jap BB.

79.jpg?t=1287355878

September 1942

CRAZY attack turn. All Allied forces (save the Chinese) go absolutely nuts on all fronts.

[Russia] Attack no matter what if you "can do damage" per roll, or any 0-0 attacks. We dish, we take, it's ugly and crazy. Action along the entire border. I kill Panzer, damage bunch other units, but I had to take more damage. Don't care.

[Normandy] We land Corp, cutoff Spain railroads to stop the Holocaust of MMPs. Corp is pinging Paris, trapped, pinging for no damage against HQ. Every other unit attacks, too much to mention. About a ten+ attacks against the Luftwaffen on Normandy, it finally died. I prepare landing craft.....land on Denmark, it's occupied, trapped I am. Go for the port of Kiel, same thing, lets start walking around Germany. Try to land in Norway, run into Sub......More landing craft looking for places to land. Kill DD & CA (by USA)......I went nutz....remember, nutz is a strategy.

Austrialia......Yankee ships go ramming speed. We attack with no technology against BB-Jap, it is sunk, we take heavy damage, don't care. Also attack another Jap-BB near New Zealand.....both heavily damage. Yank-HQ with Fighter on Aussie land. Nobody has a Carrier (well, know). Jap Special Forces killed on worthless island by US-Tank.

Egypt, the 7th Armour is a crazed maniac......helps kill another Italian Corp.....dude is a Legend.

Well, that came unexpected.

More landings, and attacking everywhere.

Blood soaked frontlines, what a mess.

Killed my share of russian units as well, but am fading away in north africa.

Rambos air and tank unit can't be damaged.

Near New Zealand i stumbled with damaged surface vessels into the american carrier group.

Hit the Enterprise quite a bit, but my naval forces there will go down.

attr1.jpg?t=1287430838

October 1942

[Russia]

Winter is come, another all out attack. Russians just charge, looking for HQ's to pop. We slip in a few units, do a little damage. Everybody else might as well attack. It's a slugfest. Russians put new troops right into action......."When the one with the rifle". Russians are low on units, we clean out all of Manchura & operand them to the frontlines, dont' care.......I smell German blood, it's time for the Nazis to bleed. No way can the Nazis handle two front pyscho war at this exhange rate of MMPs.

[Egypt]

Pressing towards Tobruk.....7th Armour bangs up Italian Infantry rather nicely.

[brest]

Air & Sea level the city of Brest, port is intact. We land Special forces, couple corps to cut if off, ping Paris which has HQ. It's all out, going for broke on 2-front right now. Lets get this kid.

[Aussie Sea]

Bye-bye to three Jap surface ships. Carriers hiding clouds hit & run with the scouting of last turn ships. We sink them & run. No idea where the Jap CV's are at, can't risk it just yet.

Well, Rambos attacks are tough. But the good side is, all i have to do is to await bad weather in west, than i will be able to kill one of his units after the other. Just - don't - panic.

In the east, he shows lvl 3 Tanks. We both kill many units each turn.

This all out attack hit me by surprise, and i'm paying a bit for all my diplomatic investions (Spain, Norway).

This is getting pretty interesting.

JJR took brest and brought in a lvl 0 US tank, an HQ and several other minor units. He landed another corps in germany, took one city in the ruhr, only to lose it and the city in my turn.

In Russia he came dangerously close toward my HQs.

I for my part landed in west India, trying to get this pearl with a double front war.

I lost midway and another useless island (all undefended).

1142.jpg?t=1287597213

jjrs pumps more and more units into france, while his storm in the east made a break.

So i declared war with Japan against the USSR. Time to take advantage of his german obsession.

201242.jpg?t=1287690446

He definetly ignores completly the pacific theater.

If the game wouldn't grant the UK endless free scripted units (oh how i hate scripted units, doesn't matter for which side) india would be in real troubly by now.

Took out Rhodesia, as Africa is empty if we ignore the Egypt / Lybia border war, where jjr killed pretty many of my italian troops.

One more turn without JJRs input here and i will stop my scribblings here as well. AAR is - if at all- only interesting if you can read much, and preferably from both playing sides.

As my own entries here are rather short as well i guess this wouldn't trouble anyone at all. :)

March 1943 ---

[Europe] The Allies massive 2-prong attack continues. We've pressed into France with reckless manuevers. General Geroge S. Patton leading the charge. After a complete exhange with the Kreigsmarine has weakend our navies to damaged goods, it's upto the Air Power flying from England to pound & pick spots. Paris has become engulfed with units, but the Nazis still hold the capital. Yanks own both Western ports, pressing some units into Spain, others have bypassed Paris completely. This turn, sent both Yankee paratroops into harm's way. We've captured Frankfurt, Germany. We are beside Nazi-HQ & a couple of Panzer+3 tech units. Thee other paratroop 101st captured Milan, flying over a neutral Vichy France. It's a parking lot of weaker Allied units, but by sheer numbers, things are rolling.

[Egypt] 7th Armour continues to play with the Italians, popping Corp, pressing towards Tobruk.

[Russians] Reds taking huge damage, but who cares, certainly not me. We've abandononed most of the territory vs the Japs, to press towards Poland. I lost Odyessa, just to enter Romania, the front line is mess, there really isnt' a frontline except for Riga River. Lead Commie Tank waxed a General, this is good, think it was Leeb. Germans will counter, but he's outnumbered.

Germany is doomed. They should fall in 1943.

[Asia] The Japs have invaded India quite strong. He has 6+ units in the country coming from both the East & Southern ports. Not much I can do, nor will I, don't care. it's outsourced labor.

Japs are fighting me in Austrialia, too. Not sure of the Jap Navy either. We had the early exchange with surface ships, but no real carriers battles.

The Chinese still are holding.