[UFC #5] Rambo (Allies) vs Xwormwood (Axis)

UFC #2 goes into a mirrored rematch.

Turn 5 already played and sent away.

Poland fell on the second Axis turn, and in France we sit the war our for now.

The French Navy blockades the german ports and got attacked by a sub from the Kiel area and a Stuka dive bombers based at the Reichsgebiet.

As always, Herman Göring promised the Führer that his mighty Luftwaffe will do the job alone, while Admiral Raeder ordered the Graf Spee CA into the wide oceans to conduct Raider work. Dönitz, not wanting to stay behind, ordered his subs out as well.

In China nothing much happened. 2 chinese armies were brought to the sword, but these things tend to happen in war.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, flip-side of the Rambo vs Xwormwood match. I've got the Allies. The usual first couple of turns. I've forced U-32 to dive & found him (trapped him) between Ireland & England.

I've slowplayed China so far. No movement, shovels & reinforcements....Maybe a ping or two.

French await. The rest plan....early, only turn 6

"Bring that Kreigsmarine out, son. We're waiting for you. Dont' make me come & get you." --- Message from the combined French & British Navies. U-32 trapped, will die next turn. Kiel area, the Frenchies are slamming into a Cruiser. The Graff-Spree in South Africa is a pirate and will be hunted with extreme measures.

China, he's trying a Central flank inflitration move with Special Forces....I'll fight in the mounatins if supply advantage is on my side. Both sides are popping HQ's for free when possible.

Nothing at all.

Graf Spee molesting south african harbor shippments around Capetown,

a german sub enjoys torpedo duty in the caribean seas,

now in germany, allied navies blocking kiel (btw.: this would have never happened because of minefields. Very sad that SC still has nothing to represent them), Japan attacking fortified positions, yadda-yadda-yadda.

March 1940

Yes, the Chinese SF is trapped like a rat....he fell for the cheese. He paid for reinforcements at supply-5 to make himself strength-8, but just got banged up for 4+ hits & completely cutoff. Legend pulls 5th Army off the frontlines for a the operand block. Swinging down Engineer units to fight like Seabees, not builders to ping for a 2-spot. Brave HQ-Zuhsomething stands tall, calls for reinforcements and will not budge.

French sit in the cold bunkers of the Magnoit line as the British pound paratroops with air & sea near Denmark.....but we do nothing newsworthy.

Allies strike back in Northwest Europe. Royal Navy & French hit coastal targets, working down an Army & sinking a sub in Kiel. Bomber & Fighter support from London. We'll fight, we will never surrender.

GraffeSpree is reduced to strength-2, he's getting tag-teams by 2-cruisers.

In China, we swing a punch,not so concerned with defense, feeling frisky. SF-Jap stuck behind my lines is executed, trap complete. Bad news, my HQ is in the middle of the mountains with mixed units all around. That's why I decided to attack with other units. He can't kill us all.....did some pops. Japs have a target rich enviornment.

Forgot to move the Spee, darn!

Well, not much use of it anyway.

The sub couldn't escape from the Kiel channel.

This sucks big time. In reality it would simply drive back into the baltic.

But here it simply stuck in the channel even though it "dived". JUST GREAT. :mad:

Benelux taken.

In China i took out an HQ.

Not much else.

May 1940

Yes, the GraffeSpree is no longer above sea level. After some early action, the Royal Navy backed off the European Coast (for the most part). Kreigsmarine is hiding. French Navy blocks the way in case they wish to comeout before the fall of Paris. Speaking of Paris, everybody in France is doomed. Tank entrenched in the capital will probably die next turn or two at the most.

Chinese lost Changsta, I got a couple of my own units cutoff in the process, he's mopped them up. Still having Nanning in Chinese hands.

Italians just joined. It's early.....nothing major so far.

September 1940

Royal Navy & last British ground troop leave Western France. Axis have no air cover there, so we better go check the North Sea. We send some Destroyers, find U-Boats & Cruiser so far.

Chinese are getting no attacks nor threat in the Northern Corp passage, so we move 3 Corps forward for small exercise of the legs.

Indochina prepares for war. :eek::mad:

Yes, sure. Thats what they would have done, alone, without hope, without anything.

With Vichy active this shouldn't be possible.

Great idea, dear campaign designer.

Fonchow (?) will fall next turn.

And the corps charge out of the entrenched positions will backfire.

At tleast thats what i hope.

In Europe the Kriegsmarine moved north while the RN was playing at the french atlantic coast.

Bad weather over England, and suddenly Destroyers show up. Thats my bad luck, i guess.

Destroyers in the area guess was bad luck, I stumbled on those units. Xwormwood really likes placing units in Kiel, not sure why. Bismarck is there, we nearly get the kill with BB, Sub, & Cruiser attacking it.

Nobody home in the terror Italian training camp, he must be sailing off for a juicy new home.

Yeah, Chinese Corp move in the North wasn't wise, just gotta keep you honest up there as the main force is in the South.

Sorry to all readers for my more than boring gameplay and AAR behaviour lately.

Sunk an UK BB in the german bay,

killed an chinese corps at the north front.

Got the undefended, but still war declaring french-indochinese capitol (HELLOOOO, campaign designer, what went wrong in this case? IF a country declares war, than give it at least an army to fight with!).

The rest is stalemate, undecision, stumble left, trip right.

November 1940

Chinese lame Corp attack in the North is stomped by Jap Armies, I lose a Corp, fallback to originally starting position. Rest of the Chinese do what they do best in the Winter, make babies & dig trenches.

British sail away from Kiel, the exchange was enough for me for now.

Board is quiet, ball is in Axis's Court.