CM:N Safe to say 2011?

Every German vet I ever met suspiciously claimed to only have fought on the Russian Front. Maybe they'd comment on red stars as an aim point![

I think it is a safe assumption that in the former East Germany the number of vets who were at Arnhem, the Bulge, or defending Italy was suspiciously high.

Statistically speaking of course far more German troops served on the Eastern front. It was the primary operational area of the war.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh- I don't know about that... you can always ring up Otto Carius at his Tiger Apotheke in Herschweiler-Pettersheim if he has a spare moment or two from filling prescriptions!

Or maybe a polite letter by post? Rumor has it he still has a very sharp mind for detail. ;)

p.s. note the historical section

Thats him! Thats really him! How did you find out about him? Very interesting...

Interviewing vets for specific information like if Shermans were more likely to burn than other tanks is not useful. All you'll get, at best, is an anecdotal account which means very little in the face of the tons of anecdotal accounts we already have :D Individual soldier's recollections only matter when you are asking questions specific to their personal experience. Which means, the only person to put this sort of question to is someone who was tasked with answering the same question for a high level inquiry. And finding such a person is not very likely. Obviously :D

Steve

Oh- I don't know about that... you can always ring up Otto Carius at his Tiger Apotheke in Herschweiler-Pettersheim if he has a spare moment or two from filling prescriptions!

Or maybe a polite letter by post? Rumor has it he still has a very sharp mind for detail. ;)

p.s. note the historical section

Or you can read his book: ;)

tigers-in-the-mud-the-combat-career-of-german-panzer-commander-otto-carius-stackpole-military-hist-21213737.jpeg

Note that with Afghanistan done and NATO nearly so... Normandy will get it's time in the spotlight soon!

Steve

Well... i always requested a long development cycle... because i know that the longer that it takes, the more features that will be included... and CMBB was a huge game with a lot of features.

I was one of those customers more happy with a 2011 release than with a 2010 release.

But since you said that the final engine features were all included in CM:Noname... and Nato & Afganistan doesn't need to keep the focus anymore...

It's time to show what we can expect as customers for a good WWII wargame.

No need to keep your cards close to your chest anymore, since when you do a feature freeze, the people that will buy it, will do it... the people that don't, will not.

A feature list, is much better than any pic for a serious wargamer.

To some extent I dont blame Battlefront for keeping their cards close to their chest.... Every time they release info or a bone its like seagulls pouncing on a piece of bread in here :D

By all means, release close to Christmas and ill be a happy chappy over my break from work.:cool:

Maybe they are keeping their cards close as they are working major overtime!!! Can always hope. Hey no Black friday for the BFC gang. ;)

That seems reasonable. Although we cannot know when it will be released, we can reasonably guess when it won't be released. As MeatEtr suggests, CM:N will probably have its own forum and some specific pre-release publicity for a period before its release.

So any 2010 release seems extraordinarily unlikely, but I dare to dream about 2011 Q1.

My crystal ball says, expect them to kick open the doors to CMN around x-mas time. With big bones in the new forum along with perhaps just maybe a release date set for the first quarter of 2011.

(My fingers are crossed) :D

Sounds about right I would guess. Hey just bought a condo in myrtle beach. Where abouts are you located in that magnificent state?

My crystal ball says, expect them to kick open the doors to CMN around x-mas time. With big bones in the new forum along with perhaps just maybe a release date set for the first quarter of 2011.

(My fingers are crossed) :D

This would be good i guess , was kind of hoping for a Christmas release but suspect this is not possible now with no website and pre-order mechanism. 2011 it is then ... thankfully got Football Manager 2011 to keep me busy til' CM:N release .... a different type of strategy :)