Game Errors/Mistakes here

Mord

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was designing a winter scenario and realized that there is no winter foliage. Of course, one could use ALT-T to remove foliage, but it would really add to immersion if there was actual winter foliage.

Also, I had some of the mujahedeen run through snow which did not seem to affect their fatigue level. I will have to do some actual tests to confirm this.

After reading one of Normal Dudes AAR's prior to CM:A release, I asked him about this, and he said that they had just designed winter foliage.

Will the winter foliage be released in a patch?

Additionally, how about ice tiles to use in winter scenario's rather than the water tiles?

I was designing a winter scenario and realized that there is no winter foliage. Of course, one could use ALT-T to remove foliage, but it would really add to immersion if there was actual winter foliage.

Also, I had some of the mujahedeen run through snow which did not seem to affect their fatigue level. I will have to do some actual tests to confirm this.

After reading one of Normal Dudes AAR's prior to CM:A release, I asked him about this, and he said that they had just designed winter foliage.

Will the winter foliage be released in a patch?

Additionally, how about ice tiles to use in winter scenario's rather than the water tiles?

There is one tree that is leafless, I think it is the last icon in the list, looks brown. That's all the winter foliage that there is.

Snow definitely has effect on solders and vehicles. But for it to have effect make sure in the mission settings you set it to Snow or Deep Snow only then will Snow terrain tiles have fatigue effect. If you set Light Snow than it'll have little fatigue effect.

Has anyone noticed how hardy these guys are when running? They don't tire as quickly as the guys in the desert - now that's probably accurate, but I'd like some confirmation on that. You can fast move these chaps up hills and they don't tire! It makes for a better experience IMHO, as the guys in SF tire at a ridiculous rate in comparison.

Has anyone noticed how hardy these guys are when running? They don't tire as quickly as the guys in the desert - now that's probably accurate, but I'd like some confirmation on that. You can fast move these chaps up hills and they don't tire! It makes for a better experience IMHO, as the guys in SF tire at a ridiculous rate in comparison.

I guess they're carrying a lot less, too. Soviet infantrymen weren't weighed down with 40 pounds of armor. If I were lugging an extra forty pounds around I'd probably tire faster too. :)

"Soviet infantrymen weren't weighed down with 40 pounds of armor."

Very good insight. It's a bit concerning that the US is following the WW2 German philosophy of more armor, bigger, heavier, (more expensive) etc... And look where that got them when faced with numerical superiority. And western powers are now faced with an essentially unlimited number of fanatics using crude weapons that cost zilch.

• 3 weeks later...

1. In the Editor -

Baking Scenarios is not available. I just designed a Scenario and went to Bake it in the Editor and much to my surprise - gone!

Points for Terrain Objectives are not available either. No place to add points..

2. Graphics - troops and vehicles seem very low-res compared to CMSF. Can this be improved in a patch or is this a function of the artist that designed the textures? The weapons look good however.

• 4 weeks later...