Game Errors/Mistakes here

Mord

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure if that lasts more than four hours, he needs to see a doctor.

LOL! I have a friend in the ad business who claims to have invented that.

Also, is that the snow covered ground mod? Neat how the guy and the drum mag of the PPSh sinks into the snow!

EDIT: I didn't notice this on the first pass since I'm Canadian and we don't notice cold, but doesn't the dead guy seem a touch underdressed for winter warfare? Even though he's a Pathan. Not a huge deal, but here's hoping BFC will get to the greatcoat wireframes (or at least field jackets) at some point.

EDITED:

EDIT: I didn't notice this on the first pass since I'm Canadian and we don't notice cold, but doesn't the dead guy seem a touch underdressed for winter warfare? Even though he's a Pathan. Not a huge deal, but here's hoping BFC will get to the greatcoat wireframes (or at least field jackets) at some point.

There are winter textures in the game...they are triggered by month...(not ground condition, or temperature). The DRA guys wear a long coat. I think that's what he has on in the pic with the funny butt spike. Better texturing would probably help to show it off...but you can see the difference easily when they are standing/kneeling.

summerwinter.jpg

Mord.

Mord, I am not sure I understand the above message and what the problem is...

There isn't a problem. I was explaining to LLF that there already were winter textures in the game. I probably should have quoted him.

I Edited the post so it was clearer...sorry for the confusion. I did find something else though. See next post.

Mord.

FYI

As i was looking through the units in the editor i noticed that an Airborne Weapons team (AT-7) uses it AT weapon as a rifle not as a tripod mounted weapon. It was in 2nd platoon that i noticed the error. I had deleted the others. It mat not be an error could just be the soviet version of John Rambo!

FYI

As i was looking through the units in the editor i noticed that an Airborne Weapons team (AT-7) uses it AT weapon as a rifle not as a tripod mounted weapon. It was in 2nd platoon that i noticed the error. I had deleted the others. It mat not be an error could just be the soviet version of John Rambo!

To be fair, the AT-7 does have ther provisions to be fired from the shoulder, and not just from the tripod...

Peace,

DreDay

FYI

If you deploy it they'll set it up on a tripod.

Mord.

Yeh Mord, i tried to deploy and the ATweapon deployed but the figure kneeled and didnt lie down. I went back to the editor today but cant find which exact ATGM team it was.(FK)

If i can find the exact unit again will let you know , could be a recoiless gunner mapped ( hence the kneeling) instead of the ATGM gunner or im going delusional from playing this for too many hours. All in all not a big deal just something i saw.

Airborne Inf. Batt. (early) -D company -1st platoon

Just place that squad in a another spot.

I think what it is is that the guys in the squad cycle through who is laying and who is standing (you will see this when moving them around the map in the editor). I did a test using your choices above and there was one guy in one of the ATGM squads, the gunner, who was kneeling. I placed them in a another spot and they repositioned themselves and he laid down. He's just not laying down by default when you first go in the editor for some reason.

To be thorough I just set up a test battle and soon as I had them target something, the guy laid down and fired the ATGM. So, it's not a bug or anything.

It was worth checking though, so, good eye.

Mord.

hey,

this could seem stupid 2 some, but could some1 please enlighten me, as to how do u move mines in the scenarios u are granted to place them in setup phase?

i see theres a "move" selection in the menu 4 the mine it self, but i still cant move the mines at all when i try too !?

im guessing ther is something veeery basic that i haved missed ??? :F

helps! :D

• 2 weeks later...

A few things related to graphics -

The mountain background would be terrific if it didn't contain obvious seams, making it look like a really lousy wallpaper job. This sort of thing is not worthy of the Battlefront name.

Also, there is quite a contrast from the mountain wallpaper to the actual game map. A lot of tan flat space is visible between the map and background. This sort of thing did not seem as obvious in CM:SF. I guess it is a function of the mountain background.

I noticed a Flintstone-mobile in one scenario. A couple of mujahedeen were sitting in one of their pickups with their bare feet visible below the vehicle. I know they were low on funds, but couldn't the CIA at least give them trucks with engines?

When using water tiles in the editor, I have seen some funky elevations pop up. I have been using the editor for three years and am very familiar with how to design maps and use elevations.

Also when using the editor, I have noticed some strange lighting effects, for one scenario that I am designing. The time of day is 6:00 am. The lighting seems to go from dawn to daylight in an instant and then back again.

Non-graphics related -

Two-man machine gun teams do not provide buddy-aid when one of them gets wounded. I don't remember seeing this in CM:SF.