Quality of the QB system

Wengart

I was thinking about getting CM:A, but I expect that there will be a dearth of user made scenarios for it. So i will probably be relying on the QB system, which brings me to my question. Does the QB system in CM:A create usable forces for both sides on a regular basis, does the date have any effect on the forces available, and are the AI plans well thought out?

I have yet to find any sim where the AI "plans" are well thought out. The AI is scripted and picks a plan to follow. It's up to the scenario designer to make the plans make tactical sense. I find it a lot more interesting and realistic to create my own scenarios and play them out than to mess with the limited QB.

What was wrong with CMSF QB's is still wrong for CM-A

What was fixed with CMSF QB's (maps/AI pathing/and more) is in CM-A

There are also some new ideas in play that show up in CM-A.

The AI Defender has a variable timed move to objective order that allows for an AI counter-attack. AI Defender Setup areas were placed to allow the AI to possibly hide a few troops from the Human attacker, not just defend the Objective.

The AI Meeting Engagement Opponent has been given a set of short move orders when close to an objective that hopefully will push the Human player totally off the objective.

To be honest and albeit all those nice maps from MarkEzra, I never really played the QB's in CMSF. It's just too frustrating if most of your choices end up in TOW Humvees VS Special Forces Infantry, or likewise.

Perhaps someone could make a sticky for choices that tend to be any good in QB?

Something I'd like to see for CMSF QBs is a mirror option for when the player chooses B vs. B or R vs. R. Also, and this one may take some doing, a screen(like the editor) that shows you what has been picked for your forces, possibly for the AI opponent too. Rather than loading up a map and seeing the matchup ain't worth the time and effort.

I know we're not gonna get the CMN QB update for CMSF. But would be nice to see some minor tweaks to it to make it more bearable.