Game Crashing

I've had SC Global crash on me twice in the last day. Last night I had played about 5 turns in Empire of Evil and tried to save it, got a segment error message and it crashed to the desktop. BTW - it didn't do any auto saves either.

Just a minute ago I started the scenario again and as I was scrolling across the map it went black, locked up my computer and then crashed.

I'm running Window 7 64 bit and have never had any problems like this before. Could it be something in the last patch?

More strangeness! I started it again, was playing it when it crashed, but was in the toolbar, so I clicked and the game started from scratch again! I played a turn, and tired to save it, it WOULD NOT SAVE! Tried it a couple of times and it won't do it.

Hi AZGungHo,

Did this behavior just recently occur or immediately after you applied the patch? I'm only wondering because if it is recent it is most likely an Operating System issue.

Can you try the following?

1) Delete all older saved game files that are no longer compatible with v1.03, i.e. from previous versions of Global. These can be found in your Save, Hotseat, Email and Network directories.

2) Reboot

Let me know if this helps,

Hubert

Hey Hubert,

No this has never happened before, it stated last night.

I check and there were no save files to delete, then rebooted the computer. I started the World at War scenario, as Allies this time, and when I tried to save it came up blank, then I got the segment violation box twice, then it crashed.

Really strange.

Ok if it is just recent then it is not likely the patch that is causing the issues.

What are the error messages?

Did your computer go through a security update or something similar?

Perhaps downloading the latest video card driver might resolve it for you and if not I would suggest a full uninstall and reinstall.

Also, it sounds like there might be an issue with the save directory, could it be set to 'Read Only' or something like that?

How much hard drive space do you have left on your system?

HI,

I've got about 172 Gig left on my hard drive.

My save fold was set to read only, I changed it and tried the game again, it did the same thing when I tried to save it. The message says " FAILED (save_game_dialog: on_command_menu): Segmentation violation."

One other note, the saved game directory keeps coming up read only, even after I change it. I right click in Windows 7, uncheck the box, but when I check it again it still says read only. I've clicked apply, same thing happens. Any ideas?