RoW II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl (Part VI)

Originally posted by Spanish Bombs:

[QB]I just wish I was supplied in my ROW games with those 37mm guns that cause Sturmtiger explosions that the Japanese had in the movie.[QB]

It's a little known fact that Sturmtigers had thinner armor during the German-Japanese War.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truly desperate among you - and this means most of you and certainly includes the organiser of this little tourney :D .. might like to cast a jaded eye over my five travel-delayed AAR's which are now posted by scenario name in the Scenario Talk Forum.

To my opponents in the finals: Don't think reading my gem-like prose will help you anticipate my subtle tactics as we fight it out for the wine. Although jet-lagged, I will tell you my plan right now: I've got Bob Hope in reserve and his jokes are going to kill ya. It's a horrible death. It makes it worse if I'm the Germans. That means we've captured him.

White4,

I'll see what's up with Tom Norton. He's always been reliable in the past.

Kanonier Reichmann vs MickOZ,

Hehe...usually I root for the underdog in these situations; but since Mick is my long-time PBEM foe, who I USED TO BE ABLE TO BEAT, I'm pulling for Kanonier. As they say in the Peng Thread, "Die-A-Lot Now", Mick. :D

Treeburst155 out.

Thought I would post a reply since it's been quiet here lately.

Finished my game against Cpl_Carrot. Came down to the last turn; quite fun.

Strider and I are past the halfway point. This one might not make it to the time limit. :D Sorry Strider!

Haven't heard from Visom too much this week. No worries though since we're past the halfway point on that one too. Works in my favor anyways since it gives me more time to consider my next move against him. ;) You reading this Visom? :D

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Kanonier Reichmann vs MickOZ,

Hehe...usually I root for the underdog in these situations; but since Mick is my long-time PBEM foe, who I USED TO BE ABLE TO BEAT, I'm pulling for Kanonier. As they say in the Peng Thread, "Die-A-Lot Now", Mick. :D

Treeburst155 out.

Hey, I thought I was the underdog? Mick Oz has a very early member number so I assumed he's been playing Combat Mission since its Alpha days. smile.gif

As for that "Die-A-Lot Now" bit, that's what I'm hoping will happen to Mick's forces as well... strangely enough. And thanks for your support TB, I'm gonna need all I can get against this wily customer.

Regards

Jim R.

Originally posted by Mick_Oz:

Ha, KR! You can't take the underdog tag from me that easily! I'm a walking example of how human beings refuse to learn. I frankly think you should feel sorry for such an abject loser as myself and just surrender out of pity.... ok?

Hey, wait a minute. I'M the underdog! A certified two-time loser in previous WineCape tourneys. Plus, I'm up against the built-in Aussie advantage. AND Holien is about to tan my hide in "Another Day." I'm the underdog's underdog.

:D:D

[ October 31, 2002, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: CombinedArms ]

Boris,

John Kettler is out of action for awhile. He informed me, and I forgot to pass the word along. Sorry about that.

MickOZ,

You are the underdog downunder based simply on Nabla scores achieved during the first round. KR

hammered the rest of his section rather thoroughly IIRC. Hopefully he will do the same to you. :D Don't get me wrong here. I like you. You're a great guy. Really! I just think it's time you Die-A-Lot again since I can't kill you anymore. Go Kanonier! Hehe...

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Boris,

John Kettler is out of action for awhile. He informed me, and I forgot to pass the word along. Sorry about that.

MickOZ,

You are the underdog downunder based simply on Nabla scores achieved during the first round. KR

hammered the rest of his section rather thoroughly IIRC. Hopefully he will do the same to you. :D Don't get me wrong here. I like you. You're a great guy. Really! I just think it's time you Die-A-Lot again since I can't kill you anymore. Go Kanonier! Hehe...

Treeburst155 out.

Thank you.

Do you know when he will be back in action?

Well, that's it for me. I have completed the three final battles for ROW2.

Good fun, being German for all three final games!

Thanks Treeburst and all those contributing to these unbalanced tournaments.

In lieu of coming home with a case of fine South African wine, I just bought myself a beer for my own completion celebration and just-a-hair-above-average award.

-Jack Trap