[UFC #3] Crispy131313 (Allies) vs. Scook (Axis)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

June 5, 1944

{End of the Iron Dream}

Here is the entire empire of the 3rd Reich, at the beginning of the turn.

German50345.jpg

Allies at the gates! Soviets breaking through! What else is there to do, but attack of course.

{Bulgaria}

HG Panzer drives into the heart of the Russians and attacks the straits. Command and control problems prevent the attack to go off as planned, Russian army reduced to 2 strength. Russian army in front to Sofia destroyed.

{Western Front}

WE blast through the American army in front of the Sigfried line, send the Panthers across, and he takes out a British corps. Some pinging on Americans in the north. The Kriegmarine rallies one last time and sink a British cruiser.

{Eastern Front}

A combination of air strikes, counter attacks and blitzkrieg eliminate the breakthrough, and keeps my tank off the front line. Army, tank, and corps, die, in that order.

{Empire of the Sun}

Eliminating that bomber hurts, my 'eyes' have been removed in one area. CV Kaga with some fighter support eliminate the two battleships and destoyer that sunk my carrier previous. CV Akagi sends 2 transports to the bottom. Subs skirmish east of Philipines, with small results.

Not much on land this turn.

June 1945

{Europe}

Allied tank assault frees the Low Countires of German occupation, while American Paratroopers land in Munich for a second time and destroy the city. Allied ships continue to harrass Italian economy bombing Rome and Naples. The Axis have about 2-3 subs left and they are diving experts.

The Russians for their part kill a German tank group near Sofia. On the Russian/German front lines the Germans hold a solid line once again, we dish out damage but no break through.

{Far East}

Russians advance and kill a corps and Special Forces. More units are sent East to help with the attack.

{Pacific}

American forces land all over the Phillipines and capture the town on the south eastern end of the island. Manila is bombarded by surface ships. We sink another Japanse Carrier sunk near Indochina by a pair of Battleships, but an allied minor DD finishes it off. We sink a Japanse cruiser, and nearly sink 2 more subs west of the Phillipines. Japan has 8 naval units left, 2 of which are dying subs.

More of the same in Burma and China.

We've come to the time (last few turns) where watching the replay takes a lot longer than doing my turn.

{Europa}

The time has come to abandon Italy, we need the troopers to face American tanks. American airborne, death by air strike, troops recapture Munich. Around Sofia, one Russian army destroyed, one reduced to strength 1. We hold in the east. Why don't I cut and run in the east, with American breathing down my neck? Well, if I were to run, the Russians would follow and cut those 0 entrenched unit to shreds. I don't see me freeing up a lot of troops by moving. Beside, I do have it in my mind, surrender to the western powers is a much better option than surrendering to Uncle Joe.

{Empire of the Sun}

Hmm, well, I am getting beat on, and not much in return. Think I sunk his battleship, and a second to strength 1. That's about it.

July 1945

{Europe}

Russians make another break in the German defensive lines in the South after killing a corps. Our Infantry moves across the river and does does alot of damage to corps, Army, Tank. This is not decisive however. Not much to report on the Bulgarian front, but a Russian kamikaze paratrooper squad lands near Warsaw, nothing empty anywhere except a mine but movement holds us back.

In the West the Allies are grinding down the defenders in forts and east of Brussels but can't muster kills. Norway is abandoned, we block the port and a corps will walk into Oslo next turn. Naples captured, Rome is empty but we bomb it for MPP pressure, we lose a British bomber in the skies to super German fighter.

{Pacific}

Russians have to work down entrenchment in the Far East. There is a log jam of Japanese holding us back.

In China have so many units and playing alot bolder taking swings everywhere looking for some luck. Best of it came near Chenghow where we damage an army 4 points.

The Americans sink a couple more Battleships, and try dinging some ports. Our carrier fleet assits landed infantry in freeing Manila. The Phillipines is ours again.

July 29, 1945

{USSR}

We finally break and run, Soviets start up the engines to see see how fast they can drive west. Soviet paratroop killed dropping in the Balkans after he finds my 15 strength Stuka. Lucky for me, 15 strength tac is stronger than 6 strength airborne.

{Bulgaria}

We go for the big prize, but leave the the Russians in front of me at 1 strength. Maybe next turn we kill them all.

{Adriatic}

JU-88's spot an Allied transport entering the Adriatic, send them off to build a new fish shelter.

{West front}

We ping down several front line Americans to make it harder to break me. Just shoring up the lines.

{Germany}

The Panzershrek: simple enough 8 year old boys can use, light enough 60 year old men can fire! Yes, we are drafting old men and young boys into service. That should slow down the Russian and Americans! You can see the killer instinct in their eyes.

Volks.jpg

{Empire of the Sun}

Fighting along the border of Burma is no longer important, we withdraw. We sink more American battleships (2 more). I am down to 6 ships, but US suprisingly has 18 left. I suppose it doesn't matter, as long as he has more than I do. We take a page from Crispy's paratroop tricks, and drop on the Trans- Siberian railway. Think that will put a small kink in the plans to overrun me.

I think I may have bought enough time to make it to 1946. Summer is growing short, so I might make it.

August 1945

{Europe}

Americans liberate abandoned Norway, and get a 2nd Italian surrender as Rome is deserted. The Geman Army has nearly backed right out Italy, holding only the most Western city. Can't do much against the German wall in fortresses.

Russia continues to chase the Axis as they back into Germany. Infantry advances on Konnisberg, reducing the defending army to 5. We ping head on their front lines. Bulgaria is chilled a bit even with 3 Red Army's advanced on Sofia.

{Pacific Theatre}

The Russians continue to beat down the Japanese in their homeland, killing an Army and pounding a Special forces to half strength.

American Carriers detour towards Thailand but take heavy air losses trying to beat down ground units and a super Japan fighter. We surround a carrier and do some damage near China, while sinking a sub and Battleship that were limping around. Americans make landing on the small strip below Nanning trapping a fighter in the town and bombing the port. We land on name I foget island but American corps is rejected by Jap infantry hogging the supply.

The Chinese get a few good shots in central China, while the Indian units from Burma are advancing into Thailand.

Is Irtkusk (sp) considered a capitol for supply in Siberian Russia? I expected to see the city drop to 5 supply, but it still a 10. More research needed.

{Empire of the Sun}

Indonesia abandoned entirely. I have a lot of troops, but the Allies have more, and I need them everywhere. Carriers sink a couple more ships, help take down a brazen Marine invasion in Ryuku. Chinese have better morale and readiness than the Japs, so, for the most part, we sit and watch them.

{Europa}

Allies take what I keep giving, Norway is long gone, Italy can rejoice and hang Il Duce and his mistress, Russian can....well, we still want to overrun them. One Soviet Army killed near Sofia, Ju-88s bomb ports in Italy, should slow the Allies if they were planning on using them, and we catch our breath. Polish partisans rise up, quelled by Luftwaffen troops stationed with the Stukas stationed there.

Here's what end game looks like:

Untitled.jpg

Ima thinking we should call it, only thing left is the killing. There is no more maneuvering I can do, money is low, and you can pretty well do what you want. If you want to keep going to pop the balloons, I will. If not, I will post up screen shots of the final empires.