[UFC #3] Crispy131313 (Allies) vs. Scook (Axis)

September 12, 1943

{Russia}

Germans back off and take defensive positions around Smolensk, Kursk, Kharkov and Rostov. Our ground forces are maxed out or in production, only logical move is to move forward. Tank group smashes Army in Kursk down to 2 after some minor pinging of troops, Alot of infantry move forward but not too many attacks. Russian Bombers ping Rostov back to 0.

{Europe}

The Sofia Tank group led an attack on Russian infantry in Bulgaria killing Russian armour, and paratrooper. We avenge them via Airstrike, and an allied cruiser finishes off the Tank. Allied troops in Greece get rammed, but everyone survives another round. Stalin sends yet another Red Tank group to the Turkey/Bulgarian border.

The Allies continue to spread the good word around Britain that they are free. The North end of the island while empty, still is under Axis control.

Sicily bombed down to double 0's in the city and port.

{Pacific Theatre}

Rain in Burma continues. No action in the ocean. Americans continue to muck it up with Jap air over Chengchow. The Chinese people have turned to the Youth Army to defend it's capital.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Great Britain]

Huh? Ships are now being made by excited liberated Britons at a rapid rate. One CV and one SS so far. Noooo, Germans wouldn't capture those, or destroy them as we leave. Guess it's the super secret laboratory under Liverpool we didn't know about.

[balkans]

Rain. We kill one British minor corps, reinforce the line for the next Russian tank assault.

{Manchurian/Russian border}

Coastal areas secured, just need to work on deep inland.

{China}

Fresh Chinese corps proves to be superior to 5 assaulting armies/SF units.

Think thats about it, pretty quiet elsewhere. Awaiting assaults from Allies now. They do have the units to spare.

October 10, 1943

{Russia}

The Germans have reformed their defense wall that they have lived by for months. Eventually a whole will open up and I will break though.

{Europe}

Romanian Army dies at the hand of Red Tanks in Bulgaria. So we send more Tanks to Istanbul. The Allies reclaim the last of the ports and towns in Northern Britain. The island is finally ours fully again, and we get the rest of our ships back, (2x Cruisers, Sub, destroyer) this turn.

{Atlantic}

Americans land in Iceland, it's empty except for a submarine in dock. We give it a pop, nothing big.

{China/Burma}

We ping back a couple times this turn in China, and actually get some decent results. In Burma we see sun for the first time in I don't even know how long. We reorganize our troops a bit and get a few hits on a SF from the sky.

Overall I need to start making things happen. The clock is almost working against me at this point.

Rain rain and more rain. Rain ground the planes, saves the pain for the tanks on the plain. Even though is doesn't matter, Allied planes in Burma get rained on too. Think another Chinese corps dies, Japanese snaking along the north, but lots'o'Chinese there. Otherwise, quiet world turn. I get to await the pain on the plain from the tanks in the rain.

{Europe}

Russian Tac Air and Tanks make some noise in Bulgaria killing German army and corps. Lots of fighters muck it out in the skies above. Allied carriers begin attacking Nantes in France.

{Atlantic}

Allied navy gets agressive looking for the beaten down Axis Navy, we find 3 submarines either in port or waiting their turn and get some easy kills.

{Russia}

A stare down contest as both countries have drawn lines in the sand.

{Pacific Theatre}

American's resume bombing Japanese supply in China. A SF is reduced to 1 in Thailand by our Burmese forces. An African corps lands in the Western Oil well of the dutch east indies to help hinder the strong Japanese economy.

{Pacific Theatre}

Even though I don't like the bombing US is doing on me, I do love the modeling, long term residual effects works. China is just a playground for both sides, shoot whatever moves. Burma will be a hotbed soon. Oil fields taken by Indian troops will be a pain too. Chitka (sp) in Russia will fall soon.

{Eurpean Theatre}

Russia- Staring match

Most Every Other Place - we watch that navy

Balkans - Half under rain, half not. One Soviet tank dies, one goes to strength of 2. We move towards the straights, but bad mud slows us short of our goal. Elite 1st Falschimjaeger (13 strength) moves into the front. Even though a narrow front, this is such a powder keg if he can expand the front. Game will end here if Bulgaria, Romania, and Hungary fall.

Edit: Sorry, been really busy, replies will be shorter and no screenies for a few more turns. Just working on getting turns done for now :)

December 5, 1943

{Atlantic}

Allies relentlessly scour European coast waters to knock the Axis navy out of commison, we find a pocket of subs near Spain we sink 3 more I think and the Tirpitz Battleship which was barely afloat in port.

{Europe}

Lots of scattered rain, Carriers strike Madrid and get a couple hits. Coastal Bombardment of the French city on Nantes continues. More fighting in Bulgaria, A romanian corps dies and a Russian Tank group is left for dead. Alot of strong Axis air is fighting out of Romania and Hungary now.

{Med}

Allied ships start to shell Rome, as well as keeping Sicily at double 0's.

{Russia}

Russians sent a fighting force to the far East to fight Japan, we've had enough of this. Bad Weather on the eastern front.

{Pacific Theatre}

Rhodesian corps moves from Oil well in Dutch East Indies to the town next door. China continues to hold strong defensive lines, the American air force is really coming in handy. Meanwhile Allied forces in Burma are making progress.

{Atlantic}

Between British Empire and USA, they have 58 ships. Throw in the 4 Soviet vessels who have joined the Allied navy, you have some serious throw weight. About half of these (or so it seems) are on anti-sub duty. The other half is probing Fortress Europa, looking at what SHAEF wants to do in the summer of '44. Only thing going my way this turn is Allies have blizzards and snow over Europe on his turn.

{Balkans}

Another Soviet Tank dies, and the SF unit is killed before they can get completely off the trains. Looks like I might have bought a turn around Sofia. The scary part is Crispy wanted that tank to die this turn so he could rebuild it ASAP. He might be building navy for the Cold War that follows.

{U.S.S.R.}

We would celebrate Christmas together, if the Soviets weren't Godless sub-humans. It's a staring contest, and they know I will need to blink 1st.

{Manchurian/Soviet border}

Enough rain prevent bombers from keeping the rail system down, the Russians show up. Luckily, we take Chita this turn.

{China}

This looks a whole lot like the Battle of Gettysburg right now, with me being the Confederates. China has nice shortened lines backed by artillery (aka, American Aircraft). I can't even touch a corps in a fort with 5 or 6 armies, and that's with no entrenchments. All I am doing now is building his experience. More troopers show up in the north though, to help my assault

{Burma/DEI}

So far stalemate, but those Allied bombers are gaining experience, that will be telling in the very near future. Rhodesian corps going to be a PITA.

{Pacific}

Quiet for now. Either a) soon they will get together and blast me, or B) they all headed to Europe for invasion support.

January 2, 1944

{Atlantic}

The mop up of Axis subs continue as they have nowhere to hide. 4 more sink to the bottom between France And Gibraltar. Surface fleets continue to pound the exterior city of fortress Europe from France to Portugal.

{Europe}

Winter weather means nothing happens, oh but More Russian Tanks pop up on Bulgarian border.

{Russia}

The winter is even worse in Russia.

{China/Burma}

More reinforcements arive in the North, we ping a bit successfuly, same goes for the Capital. Weather grounds my American airforce. Not much in Burma, I had to do some untimely repairs.

{Pacific}

Americans try to land a corps in the Phillipines, we are rejected by defending army. Was worth a shot. We do grab one island on the way there though.

January, 1944

{Europe}

What we get to see in the snow:

West Atlantic:

German144.jpg

Sicily:

German1442.jpg

Nothing to report here.

Asia:

Palembang oil recaptured by combined naval, air, and paratroop attack. Rhodesia awards medals posthumously.

Japan144.jpg

{Northern China/USSR}

Just some moving about by troops, no attacks.

Japan1442.jpg

{Pacific}

American sub sunk by carrier strike, that is all.

January 30, 1940

{Europe}

Shore bombardment at Bordeaux, Lisbon, Gibraltar, and Palermo. Allied air gets a couple hits on the corps at Palermo, and decide the time is right to cut off the rail supply, via Corps near Nantes. Nothing accomplished in Bulgaria.

{Russia}

Bad Weather continues to halt everything.

{Pacific}

The USA finally makes a move. US forces land all over the Dutch East Indies, capturing the town of Palembang, the Oil near the capital, and the town of Makasar. MaCathur takes charge. US Carriers sink 2 BB's one of which was the mighty Yamato flagship. Batavia port damaged to 2 which will stop the golden convoy.

{China/Burma}

A couple pings near Chungking and American bombers continue to pound Peking. Japanese SF reduced down to 2 in Burma.

February 1944

{Atlantic}

Subs lost all luck and confidence, ends moves next to Allied ships, always. Bombardment continuing through winter.

{Med}

Ping unit that landed cutting off Sicily from the mainland, expecting full scale invasion there next turn, or the one after. We sit and wait in Bulgaria this turn.

{China/USSR}

Lines are drawn in the snows of Russia, looks like more WWI setting in. China is quiet this turn.

{DEI}

Tanks and HQ land next to the capital. Tac strikes one tank, we hunker down, gonna make them dig us out of city. CA and BB sunk by my carrier strikes, waiting on the next turn to see what that massive fleet he's trying to hide with subterfuge is going to do.

February 27, 1944

{Europe}

Some attacks on a corps near Sofia, lots of rain so most air attacks grounded. Russian tanks are piling up. British army and HQ land in Sicily, it's raining there so it's a slow turn. More shore bombardment, a sub dies in the Atlantic.

{Russia}

Russians start to fight back in the far east,mostly minor pings.

{Pacific Theatre}

Kind of a slow turn everywhere over here. I'm being cautuious around the Dutch East Indies. China and Burma some minor pinging.

March, 1944

{Asia}

No major movements anywhere, we dig in even more, if that is at all possible.

{Europa}

Small invasion so far at Sicily. We catch the clear weather over Bulgaria 1st, get to unleash a bit of Hell. This would go down as the longest and biggest tank battle, we have been at it for 6-8 months so far. 2 more Tank Armies sent to the dirt, we reinforce, and now await our fate.

Garman344.jpg

{Strategies}

This game we are playing a variant of poker/chess. We both like feints. We both like deception. We both like tactical and strategic reserves. Neither of us believe what the other side is showing us. So the action can be a little slow on the map compared to other UFC matches, but there is a ton happening behind the scenes here. In some places I can slightly dictate terms, but it is rapidly shifting entirely to Allied initiative, which it should. Crispy hasn't caught too many lucky breaks so far, but persistence will pay off, soon.

March, 1944

{Europe}

Russians destory advancing German Tank group and Army near Turkish border, even more tanks are sent to the front lines. Some pops to a corps trying to make ground en route to Athens. Much rain over France, we just hit coastal towns from the sea. Not much is happening at Sicily this turn.

{Russia}

Russian troops continue to fight back agaisnt advancing Japanese in the far east. We get a couple hits, take a couple hits.

The Russian/German stalemate continues. Eventually those German lines will have to become thinner.

{China/Burma}

American Air is the only offensive I have right now, we continue to bomb and start aiming for their own air units. Raining again in Burma, if not for our Indian tanks we would be accomplishing nothing.

{Pacific}

Dutch Easties not going according to plan..

April, 1944

{Balkans}

The way to Turkey is paved with blood and steel, 2 more Soviet Tank armies smashed. To the west of Sofia we pound the American army in the way, and smack an African corps around a bit.

{China/Burma/Pacific}

[crickets]

{DEI}

Airborne recapture Palembang, retake the important strait. We hold our positions in the cities, and let the Americans starve in the field.

Jap444.jpg

April 1944

{Europe}

Bad news:

The battle for Bulgaria is lost by the Allied forces. Greece is evacuated and no Russian tanks sent to the front lines.

Good news:

We make sucessful landings across the rest of Europe. The British take control of Sicily, the Italian defender bites the dust. A large and strong British/American strike force lands in Spain, the corps defending Madrid reduced to 3. Germans have no way into the coutnry. Also the Americans grab a vacant Norwegian coastal town.

{Russia}

Russian infantry advance closer to the Germans defensive lines. Losses will come but Stalin does not care. It looks like a stalmate on the Russian/Japanese front lines.

{Pacific Theatre}

China. Rain. Burma. Rain. Dutch East Indies. Rain. We make contact with German sub in the Pacific, grab another Dutch outer island town.

May 19944

{Spain}

Now that's an invasion!

German544.jpg

I would feel bad, but sitting there for almost a year waiting for Spain to join......overrun them, bwahahaha!

{Greece/Bulgaria}

Greece liberated in the face of no one. Lots of Russian air still in the area, so not believing it's done here yet.

{USSR}

Kill one SF that moves up, hold the line gentlemen, hold the line.

{China/Burma/USSR}

Staring contests everywhere. Hard to move when the attacker takes more losses than the defender.

{DEI}

Air Strikes remove one American tank so he can rebuild it.

May 1944

{Europe}

Spain is out. The large allied invasion was a success. Gibraltar and Portugal are emptied and will be reoccuppied very shorty. Bordeaux and Nantes both bombed down to supply 3. From London the bombing of Berlin begins.

{Russia}

Some action near Rostov, Russian tanks show up on the front lines for the first time in over half a year at least. We can't muster any kills. An army scopes out Kursk, exchanges hits. Nothing notable in the far east.

{China/Burma}

Chinese counter at Chungking, we nail an Army for -5. Indian Tactical and Tank smash a special forces for 5 in Burma.

{Pacific}

Steel clashes in the Java Sea north of the DEI. A modest American strike force makes a move after the Japs gave away positions of a few of their carriers killing a tank. We move in with Aussie cruisers to zero their location and attack with a mix of everything. 2 Jap Carriers sink, a BB's life halved and Submarine nearly sunk. Counter attack is immenent.

{DEI}

My counter attack consists of my damged BB sinking a cruiser on his way out to safety, and finishing the other tank off. McArthur opening up the straits was pure gold for the Allies. We keep the oil, but we don't have the port facilities to ship it anywhere. So I guess it's kinda good we don't have many ships burning up that oil!

{Rest of Asian Theatre}

Just some pinging everywhere, but it's eating resources I can barely afford to spend as Japan.

{Fortress Europa}

Crispy now has two large air bases, one named Britain, one named Spain. Yay! Bombers going to make this ugly. Looks like the air and ground troopers are going to get into as much as the ships have been pounding me. The race for the capitals will be on. Right now, there is a substantial army between Berlin and Allied victory.

June 1944

Finally a good turn.

{Europe}

We call the Axis out on their bluff of a large army guarding Berlin. Paratroopers set sail behind enemy lines we capture and destroy the Ruhr Industrial area and Frankfurt. More airborne troops capture the French mine in the Ardennes. American bombers hammer Berlin x4. American Tanks from Spain and from Transport destroy and reoccupy Bordeaux. Canadian tank group and American corps cut off Nantes (supply 0) from Paris. The british sweep through Portugal and Gibraltar reclaiming lost territory.

{Russia}

The russians follow suit sending airborne infantry behind the German lines. The 1st lands in Riga, it's empty we pop Manstein who is on partisan patrol. The 2nd lands behind Rostov and does 3 damage to 3 star Italian fighters. Russian Tac air softens up German armour near Kharkov, we send a kamikazie tank group in to finish it off. A second tank group moves adjacent to the closest mine and nearly kills a corps. We advance 7 infantry units to the river protecting Rostov and begin pinging their entrenchment.

{Pacific Thetare}

More pinging in China/Burma. There were 2 Japanese tac bombers stationed in Singapore, they are wiped out by carrier attack. We continue to smah DEI convoy facilities, and begin pinging the dendender in capital.