Campaign notes

Stalins Organ

Just started replyaing an August Storm campaign I started in 2007 - I wonder if that's some kind of record??!! :)

Getting back into them - the BoB was fairly easy, but it took me several attempts to win Dunkirk - that is one mean contest.

I think the "secret" is to ruthlessly not fly when you don't have to - check the scores, check how much both sides get for winning/losing each battle, and only fight where you will win more than you lose.

Eg in the campaign I won, there were 2 fighter patrols 1st turn - I put my 2 best fighters on 1, ignored the other - by winning I got 4 pts to 2 - and shot down 3 of his fighters for 2 of mine damaged making the rest of the game easier.

After that I just tried to score as many points each turn as the German could get.

Defending 1/4 troops is good because 2 human fighters will usually win an intercept, and you get 2 pts for it which matches the 2 pt the Germans get for the usual matching fighter patrol.

Defending 2/3 shipping is better, because 4 points for winning means you can ignore a matching 1/4 but still stay even.