LAT/LON Lines

Lt Belenko

I'm playing a really large map with a horizontal wrap. It would be nice to have LAT/LON lines that could be toggled on and off.

They could either be representative of the game grid or use something like actual Earth like LAT/LONs with and an Equator and the International date line at the wrap point.

A really nice feature would be it the lines automatically zoomed in relation to the map zoom. Long distance views with 100 or 200 unit grid lines and 5 unit grid lines when zoomed in.

Perhaps in EOS 2.0. ;)

I'm playing a really large map with a horizontal wrap. It would be nice to have LAT/LON lines that could be toggled on and off.

They could either be representative of the game grid or use something like actual Earth like LAT/LONs with and an Equator and the International date line at the wrap point.

A really nice feature would be it the lines automatically zoomed in relation to the map zoom. Long distance views with 100 or 200 unit grid lines and 5 unit grid lines when zoomed in.

Perhaps in EOS 2.0. ;)

I don't know if this will give you what you're looking for, but you can toggle on/off the map coordinates in the tooltip. This is done via the preferences window. It doesn't actually display the lines on the map, but at least you can get map coordinates (e.g. "350,200") which can be used to communicate locations to other players.