Updating EoS?

lesslucid

Can the game only be updated from within the game? I can't just download a patch? My main "gaming computer" has very spotty internet access, and while it was possible to verify my eLicense through it, I don't think there's any way I'm going to be able to download 12 megs through that connection...

Can the game only be updated from within the game? I can't just download a patch? My main "gaming computer" has very spotty internet access, and while it was possible to verify my eLicense through it, I don't think there's any way I'm going to be able to download 12 megs through that connection...

I could look into creating a zip file that would contain the latest update. The problem is that the zip file would probably be the same size or larger than the regular update, so I'm not sure if it would work for you.

Oh if you could do that it would be great. I have access to two computers; one has good internet access, but it's a shared family computer which means it really isn't suitable for gaming because often other people want to use it. My "gaming computer" is not shared, but unfortunately the internet connection is slow and frequently drops out which means I can't download large files there.

The game is quite playable without the latest stuff, but I'd love to see what I'm missing out on. Let me know if you decide to go ahead.

Oh if you could do that it would be great. I have access to two computers; one has good internet access, but it's a shared family computer which means it really isn't suitable for gaming because often other people want to use it. My "gaming computer" is not shared, but unfortunately the internet connection is slow and frequently drops out which means I can't download large files there.

The game is quite playable without the latest stuff, but I'd love to see what I'm missing out on. Let me know if you decide to go ahead.

You know, I just thought of something. Is it possible to get the game updated on one of your computers, then put the entire directory it into a zip file, and move that zip file onto your computer with the bad internet connection? That might be a temporary workaround. I think you'd need either an LAN or a flash drive to move it between computers. It not a great solution, but it's probably better than the current situation.