M-10's Vs. The Side of a Barn

Seriously; an M-10 vs a Stug at 52M and he misses his first shot (the Stug didn't, of course)! This from a veteran crew in a hull down position. I could understand this occurring at 400meters or more due to mediocre optics (compared to German equipment). Most encounters in this battle were under 200meters with much the same results (no first round hits save one). Were the M-10's actually that lousy?? Just blowing off steam, but I'd still like to know why they were modeled this way.

If you read enough war memoirs you will come across very similar inexplicable events. People make mistakes, gunners miss against all odds. In game I have had a T34 miss a stationery MkIV side on three times at I think either 80 or 120 metres - but as I know *** happens in RL then it must occur in game.

I do tend to remember the good times also when you nail a SHerman at 201 metres on 1% chance .... etc..etc. But then I have probably played 300+ games [ignoring CMBO].

Seriously; an M-10 vs a Stug at 52M and he misses his first shot (the Stug didn't, of course)! This from a veteran crew in a hull down position. I could understand this occurring at 400meters or more due to mediocre optics (compared to German equipment). Most encounters in this battle were under 200meters with much the same results (no first round hits save one). Were the M-10's actually that lousy?? Just blowing off steam, but I'd still like to know why they were modeled this way.

It sounds like a bad day, such as when all of the enemy armor passes through your minefield without effect, or when you realize you've been conned into playing a Rune scenario.

On the other hand, in my own experience the M10 seems to be less accurate than the M18. That said, it's also my opinion that the M10 is the better platform in game terms, of only because of survivability.

You could always try playing with some halftrack-based TD's. Then you would long for the days of the M10. Towed TD units are another option, though I would recommend these only for a static defence.