[UFC #1 / AAR] Minty Monty (Allies) vs Living Legend (Axis)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japs answer by KIA US-BB. Yanks have brought their Tactical aces to Burma, they probably tired of fighting the Luftwaffen. I need rain in Burma, repeat, rain.

The Russian/Jap ground battles have drawn lines in the sand. My positions are held tightly by rivers, and entrenchments by both sides. Nothing major, mostly attrition type combat.

Europe, the Nazis are holding their ground on all fronts, just a matter of what the Allies want to do.

Winter still. USN getting pinged too much next to Chinese coast.german U boats protecting Jap carriers, dont want to lose advantage so pull back to other side of Borneo. Juts sent turn and realised I forgot to reinforce Milan. Nuts. on plus note crack burmese units taking a pounding.

March 1944

[Europe] Cold & wintery. Didn't stop the Red Army infantry from moving out towards Warsaw with heavy tanks in the rear. Nazi generals complete fortress in southeast of the Polish capital & bring in vets to defend (elite corp +2, with 2,2 tech). Russians are pressing forward in the snow. We bunker up & take pepper shots where possible. The North is also interesting, as I'm outnumbered, so I had to position behind rivers.

Tiger tank defend Bulgaria from Turkish multi-allied forces is tired of seeing a Corp hold the water canal. Orders sent, Corp detroyed. Had to give up my entrenchment, no worries, I have a good defensive position.

Finland, just attrition front.

Sweden, rouge Russian corp sucking on a mine for MMP theft, we have pinged him down to strength-4, no supply.

[Asia] Burma Armies have taken hits, but are reinforced. We move our Armies to the East of the country, better supply, but can't avoid American nasty Tactical forces working from India. I pray for rain every turn there.

Manchura is a stalemate for now. I do a little damage, but nothing major in the snow.

Small ground battle for Borneii, USN is intent on clearing that oil island.

April 1944

[Asia] Japs bang out a new city in Russia, Kurbashhosk (or whatever) North of Vladdystock. Nippon armies go back on the offensive, because it appears all key Russian units were sent to Poland. Burma units still battle it out. We are taking monster damage from Yankee Tacticals, but we're still a very valid fighting jungle force.

Dutch East Indies has Jap fighters willing to exhange with Yankee carriers, but they have regrouped, he's obviously planning a new offensive.

Daveo, Phillipines. US Special Forces kicked off the island, KIA. He needs Mac.

[Russia] Hello, what's with the weather? Russian forces swarming Warsaw, Romania, Smoltz, etc.....we hold our ground units & fight where we stand, attacking the soft spots, doing some good damage. Bad part, I lost HQ :( Also force to operand air units out of his path. What's with the weather?

Near Turkey, we kill another Russia corp. If he's this soft, I might need to invade.

Uncle Joe has decided to give up on siberia, he's done his job there and tied down enough Japanese for the Yanks to make it almost to Borneo without seeing too many japs but enough is enough. Time to get his hands dirty and make a Nazi Omelette. Sure a few million russians will be the eggs he breaks but that's half the fun of being a meglamanian dictator. Russians push west, trying to trap Germans in a pockets around Minsk. Mostly just positioning now due to rain. When it clears we'll see who is top gunski.

In the West the real D day arrives. French port falls and 3 tanks land plus HQ , armies, corp etc.

In indonesia an african amphib outflanks the jap army attacking the mines to north. We take his oil leaving the japanese out of supply in the middle. Still he's a tough army and we have just 2 low supply boer corps.

Burma is a fun shooting range for my Tac air. blast an army down to 1. will smash it again next turn

Pacific calm for now....

June 1944

[siberia] Cordinated Nippon Army counter-offensive. Russia HQ KIA'ed. Commies cutoff, I have 5 units surrounded in a pocket, he has no HQ, only 1-city and facing 'The Rising Sun' with pincher manuevers with 2-tanks, 2-SF, 1-Army, 2-Corp.....the Emperor is well pleased. We've been duking it out for 2+ years, finally I smell opportunity. Previous battles were to aid German cause by draining Russian coffers.

[borneii] I get agressive & cocky. Screw the Yankees. We transport fresh troops from all over the Pacific Rim to fight & die on Borneii. We blast away American paratroops which are Minty's favorite piece. We now outnumber him on the ground on the island, despite 3+ USA Carriers working me over. Japs pray (but not to the Western God) for rain.

[burma] With news of D-Day Europe, the Japs figure the Yanks can't fight everywhere. Either way, I don't care, we surround HQ & lead Tank.....more jungle warfare. We move forward! Lets up the action.

[Dutch East] 1-on-1 battles against Corp, we hold South, he holds North.

[Russia] MASSIVE counter-attack. Nazis pinch off the spearhead. Killing Commie Tank, cutoff 2-Armies, another Tank from any next turn supplies. HQ pounded. Multiple air battles, name it....all kinds of fireworks. He's scattered from Romania to the Swamp. He has multiple air units in Central Russia, and at least 3+ tanks near Smoltz.....where I go defense. Lead badass Nazi Panzer does not attack, rather takes maximum reinforcements & digs x2 entrenments. We ding units across the map too. Crazy turn...

[France] Fallback, stay in fortresses, protect air, and wait for where his 3+ tanks will go.....He'll be pressing for Paris....should be interesting.

Rambo gambled in Russia and lost. His big counter attack is smashed by a much larger one, 2 Luft Tac air destroyed on the ground, lead tank, a SF and manstein all smoked in a frenzy. looks like remaining troops in north will be cut off and his southern push is very narrowly supplied. No more interest in reinforcing siberia, we retreat west, hopefully the japs will follow as it is further from Tokyo.

Russian Paras take Lulea cutting off the swedes who are chasing my corp in the norwegian mine and British paras land in germany destroing forts that are empty. UK corps commado land on german coast and take Dusseldorf. They won't hold it but it stops him reinforcing france or belgium for a turn or two, Paris also easily falls to combined UK and Yankee tanks. more tanks arrive to attack brussels but it holds for now, cut off from the fatherland by my paras and commandos.

Rain stops play in borneo and Burma denying my killer Tac air and carriers. pacific still quiet.

June 1944

Gambled in Russia? How could I? It's been raining or snowing for 2 years. June 1944, all of Germany & my side France, & my side Russia is ALL RAIN. There's nothing I can do, accept operand out Air units.

SC-Global Warming is the name of the game.

Japs wiping out Manchuria. Japs punching on Tactical Bombers on the Burma/India border. Japs wiping out Yankee ground units on Borneo, there are no more there. Japs mopping up stranded Allied Corps in Northern Dutch East Indies.

What else can I do? All my Luftwaffen grounded in JUNE 1944, been that way for years. SC-Global Warming. I did kill my usual Russians on the ground.

He does moan about the weather a lot doesn't he? Brussels, Copenhagen, Minsk and Warsaw. Not all goes so well, a Red army TAC bomber is shot down by the luftwaffe and some paras gamble on taking belgrade but find it occupied. 6 allied tanks in Belgium and northern France pushing on Hamburg.

Japanese are having a great time though. All allied focus is on Crushing Germany though

SC-Global Warming is the name of the game. It's total crap. Rain in June 1944, ONLY in Eastern France, all of Germany, & Eastern Russia.

That turn cost me so much. I had to operand my air away (costed like 120 MMPs or 2-corps for the following turn). I would have destroyed 4 to 6 more enemy units instead, kept my entrenchments, etc. With the rain the ground units fight like crap too. That was a complete joke.

In France, he was absolutely toast, UNTIL the rain. My Luftwaffen dominates allied air. I would have killed all 3 of his landing tanks. INSTEAD. I had to operand them back, and lose all my forward entrenchment juicy positions.

Where is the statistics for weather?

In rains more in Germany than in bad weather in Russia, totally stupid.

That turn of weather just meant the game. No rain, bye-bye 2nd landing on Normandy. I wax all the tanks (3 of them), fortify (in fortresses with 3 new units), keep my MMPs for 3 more Corps, but instead had to use them to operand out of France to sucky positions in southern Germany.

Stupid. Give me no rain, I win the game right there with a complete stop.

All of Germany's units have been stuck in rain.

wax my tanks with what? your fighters? you have 1 TAC air in theatre in the west, maybe 2 and the american fighters are covering the 6 tanks units with advanced air level 5 so how effective do you think they will be? Your fighters are good and do some nasty expensive damage to my TAC when they get a chance to fly. Rain is also saving your ass in Asia if you haven't noticed none of my carriers have attacked borneo in what seems like months and your burma boys have pushed 500 miles north again with my TAC air grounded.

" Allies have too much time for minor victory." Trust me Rambo this won't be a minor victory. Want to bring the victory condition in a year or two? End it 46 or even 45? The name of the game is STRATEGIC command. My strategy appears to be concentrate on Germany first. Just like Roosevelt did. It seems to be working but we'll see.

Oh and "That turn of weather just meant the game". Really? Nothing to do with your Strategic choices early on that don't seem to have worked out too well? Or perhaps that Minty isn't too bad a player? No clearly it was the weather on one turn.

This has been an awesome game ,please don't cheapen the effort I have put in with such comments.

Hey - he's Rambo - it can't possibly be that he didn't do all the right things......got to be something else..and can't be the opposition 'cos they aren't Rambo so they never do all the right things....he's entertaining until he figures the game is lost......he can be marginally gracious in victory tho.

Oh, if it isn't my old friend, how are you cupcake?

"And at home at the Forum those maggots were protesting. They spat at me, called me a baby weather murderer and like that! Why protest against me, when you weren't there, didn't experience it? lt was hard, but it's in the past. For you! Forum life means nothing. To me, there we had a code of honor."

Paras and commandos. love 'em. British commandos land on German north coast est of berlin and start smashing up his air with support of russian fighters. Yankee Paras take Vienna. We empty konigsberg. hordes of cheap german corps are blocking our way and being covered by very expensive looking fighters. Admiral graf spee is last German ship to die in the Baltic. Siegfried line holding for now though.

Yanks land in Borneo and take the oil. British commandos that retook Milan last turn advance on empty venice.

September 1944

[Europe] British SF, KIA. USA SF on the coast, KIA. USA SF South of the coast, KIA. Germany Siegford line reinforced. Air battles won or exchange in worse case. Panzer placed in fortress. Russia units pinged near Warsaw...German forces there hunker behind the river. British Army ping hard at Istanbul.

[Asia] Burma, Tank, KIA...territory is under control now. Cutoff India-HQ, pinging units on Burma/India border. Borneo we take a few pops on Yank Corps out of supply. Manchura, Russians getting hit hard. His Eastern defenses virtually all KIA....rest getting worked hard.

Goebbels had nothing on Rambo. Reading his post makes you think he is winning this war as he kills my units that are INSIDE GERMANY occupying his cities....

Not too much death on my turn, russian advance through gaps in german defence to the east as he throws it all to keep the yanks out. Red air flys forwards. I have full visibility over all europe from bombers in France, Italy and Romania and I count 9!! axis fighters. only 2 TAC air though and 1 tank.

Russians surround Warsaw leaving a pocket to escape to the North . Three JS2s advance to the river. another pushes into Romania.

Siberia we simply reinforce.

Rain in Borneo. Wax a jap TAC bomber in east indies.

September 1944

UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna guess? MORE RAIN. I can do nothing. Yes, I have tons of Luftwaffen that can do nothing. Well, they will get whacked on the ground by a couple Russian Corps that slipped to the Gap, but would have been easily killed. I can't even move my ground troops. This is UNREAL. I do capture Milan back, cutoff another Corp. With rain, I can't even muster a ground attack against that lame-O Yankee paratroop, would be an easy kill in clear weather (just on the ground)

Great summer for the Nazis, they get to use their Luftwaffen twice.

RAIN, RAIN, RAIN. Who made this scenario?

[Asia] Japs capture two more cities. We have all of Burma, and another Russian city. Red Army trapped, he'll lose HQ, 2-Armies, 2-Corps very shortly.