Version 1.01.12032 Available

Brit

Notable changes and fixes:

- Changed the way resources are handled. Players begin experiencing resource shortages when they have less than 25 of a resource, and get bonuses if they have an excess amount of resources. The bonuses increase population growth and production rates.

- Fixed an issue with the rulesets - if some of the "Combat Unit Type" data is setup incorrectly it was causing problems.

- Rules Editor: Added feature to the City-Improvement window: it now displays a list of units it enables.

- AI: Made some adjustments to how the AI chooses whether or not to construct city-improvements. This was to fix a bug where the AI wasn't building city-improvements in some cases.

- Fixed bug: sometimes units inside cities would appear to be elsewhere when selected.

- Unit Images: Added the M3 Tank and AWAC Aircraft to the update. These images can be used in player-created rulesets.

- Unitbar Interface: Added "rank" icons to indicate each units' combat level.

- Ruleset Crash: Fixed a crash in the rules editor. This happens when selecting Combat: Attack Vs: City/Resource/Airfield

- EOS Messenger: Added a countdown timer, ability to customize the frequency of updates, and ability to press a button and check for updates.

Could you share some of the details on the way the resources work now?

When resources get low (below 25), you start to experience some shortage effects. When you have excess resources, you get some bonuses. You can check what effects the resources are currently having by clicking the resource buttons at the top. Also, this window will also tell you the effects of resource shortages/excess.

Money shortage: no effect, although if something costs money and you have none, you can't build/upgrade/repair it.

Money Excess: some extra nationwide production increase.

Iron shortage: When your iron drops below 25, anything that costs iron takes longer to complete - this includes city-build items, airfields, etc.

Oil shortage: city and airfield production gets reduced, units move slower. When oil gets even lower, some aircraft will not takeoff.

Oil Excess: some extra nationwide production increase.

Food shortage: city and population grows slower or declines. City production is slowed.

Food Excess: Cities grow faster in population.

BTW, thanks for the AWACS :)

Sure.

Don't know. I just thought I'd put the M3 tank. There's no reason not to put the unit out there.

The only way your M3 tank gets in the game is some one has to create a new rule set?

Any way I can easily do this as it is in the CM games?

Any update on when ships or land units find recorces they stop and wait for new orders? Twice last night I had a ship scoot by oil :eek: and had to back track:(. Land units are not as bad for if I have tanks (fast movers) I may have lots of recorces but it would be nice if they stopped to.

The only way your M3 tank gets in the game is some one has to create a new rule set?

Yes. Although, you can also take the existing official ruleset, and change-out one of the units to use a different unit-image.

I'm not sure how CM does it.

Any update on when ships or land units find recorces they stop and wait for new orders? Twice last night I had a ship scoot by oil :eek: and had to back track:(. Land units are not as bad for if I have tanks (fast movers) I may have lots of recorces but it would be nice if they stopped to.

Ah. I'm not sure when that will be available.

I don't think modding EoS is any harder than modding CM. You go to the image editor and add the series of sprites. It is making the series of images that is the hard part, but Brit has done that bit in this case.