New release date?

Brand new to the forum and sorry if this is old ground recovered. I saw on the original Afghanistan release post that the game was due out in Q2 of this year.

Any new news on a release date? I'm all for keeping it in the oven a little longer and making sure it comes out fully cooked!

It looks outstanding by the way. Cant wait to play. Fingers crossed Combat Mission Chechnya will be out next year! ;)

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum!

As with all BFC games I think the thing to do is ignore any and all release dates and just wait until it is done - their games tend to get pretty spectacularly delayed!

Having said that, listening to the noises coming from the forum I would guess this title is shipping relatively soon. How Soon? Probably within 3 months is my guess but I don't have any privileged access to the game or anything :)

For this title, developed by our Russian partners, we are actually mainly depending on the Russian release date. Which, btw, I think has been moved up some towards the end of this (yes, this) month, in Russia. Our english version should follow shortly after the Russian release.

"Chechnya" module it's good, but who will do it? I don't think that "Snowball' (or 'Apeyron') will do it, If we look at Afghanistan, we can see, that release is delayed at one year, and I don't think that they try this again. I think they don't have experience for so seriously wargemes.

If BFC give SDK, I think we already can had 'Chechnya' Vietnam, Iraq or some one else. Even I with some comrades wanted to do a Georgian module, but this out SDk...

But we all know, this will never gone a happen.

• 2 weeks later...

From the Homepage; "CM Afghanistan is currently in development and is expected to be ready for release in Q2 this year, 2010. It will be available in retail throughout Eastern Europe directly from Snowball, and in an english version worldwide only from www.battlefront.com/afghanistan!"

LOL but I guess make that Q3 of this year...

Mord.

The official confirmation of the release date will follow soon, but I can quickly confirm already now that the Russian street date is indeed September 10th. We will follow very shortly after that. The english version installers are being compiled and need to be tested, but that's pretty much all that needs to happen before release. There will be no pre-orders this time.

:D:o Ok, ok, rain on my parade why don't ya?? Yes there is a difference I'm just getting too excited. My 8 year PBEM partner lives in Sweden and I know he's going to be big on playing the Russians. We've been playing CMBB for 8 years running now, the forever war, with no end in sight!

I do know this one may very well take over for awhile.

I'm gonna blaspheme a bit here, but I think CM:SF has turned me into more a modern war junkie than WWII. Shhhhh!! I can't believe it myself sometimes.