Version 1.01.11601 Available

Brit

Notable Changes and Fixes:

- Gameplay Change: Added Combat Experience to units. The longer a unit is alive and the more combat they are involved in, the more combat experience they gain. Combat experience gives moderate improvements to the unit's attack values. This is customizable inside the rules editor.

- Gameplay Change: Airfields used to cost $20. Now they cost $20, 10 Iron, and 1 Oil per turn.

- Interface Addition: Added a 'city needs orders' overlay to the reports panel

- Interface Addition: Added an 'idle units' overlay to the reports panel

- PBEM Games: If a player tries to join a game, the application will check if the game-host is running a higher version of the application, and tell the player to update the application before joining the game.

- Fixed Crash: The crash can occur with the scroll wheel in the rules editor.

- Fixed Crash: Fixed a crash that can happen just after a game is loaded

- Fixed Bug: Units with attack orders appear in the 'needs additional orders' list if they are close to their target

- Fixed Bug: When a game has been finished, the data under the National Summary / Current Income tab is incorrect.

- Fixed Bug: There were several glitches involving unit-groups building airfields

- Fixed Bug: Aircraft on carriers were not intercepting enemy aircraft

- Fixed Bug: There was no way to turn-off a 'disband' order once it has been set

- Fixed Bug: Airfields now contribute to a nation's border area

- Rules Editor: Maintenance costs can be added to city-improvements, airfields, and airfield-improvements.

- Rules Editor: Airfield construction costs are generalized so they can cost any combination of resources (instead of just money)

I'm trying to move towards a more generalized resource system so that new and different resources can be added to the game.

Is there a cap on how much experience a unit can accumulate? When do think you will get around to changing the code so the AI will no longer be able to see enemy invisible uni

ts like subs. Also, is there an easy way to merge rulesets? When you add a new parameter or change some unit stats it takes me hours to redo my custom rules.

How does actual combat affect experience? I see in the rules to get .1 point for every turn you stay alive....

Units get experience when they are in combat. It's difficult to describe exactly how much experience they get since it depends on how difficult the enemy unit is and how long combat lasts. I suppose I could also display how much experience a unit has (using the actual underlying number) and that would help players see how much experience a unit accumulates.

Is there a cap on how much experience a unit can accumulate?

No, but there's only four levels of experience, so once a unit reaches the last combat level, they don't get any additional bonuses.

When do think you will get around to changing the code so the AI will no longer be able to see enemy invisible units like subs.

Uh, I don't know when that will happen, although I acknowledge it's something that needs to be done.

Also, is there an easy way to merge rulesets? When you add a new parameter or change some unit stats it takes me hours to redo my custom rules.

I suppose I could be more explicit about exactly what was changed when I change the official ruleset. Someone could then make the same changes to their own rules if they want to keep it similar to the official rules.

None of my saved games load since the patch, the loading bar goes halfway then freezes. does this mean my saved games are corrupted now and is this something that happens every update? Being 300 turns in was really enjoying that game...

No, saved games should always work in the latest version. Before I send out an update, I make sure I can load old saved-games. I double checked it again after your post, and everything is working fine for me - although, I did notice it took a while to load the saved-game. I don't know if it's slower loading than the last version. If you're having problems with a particular save, you can send it to me and I'll take a look at it.

ok, I tried to upload the saved game as an attachment and i realized its too large weighing in at 31 mb .... is there another way to get it to you, sorry Im a total forum noob lol.

Can you send it to me via email? I'll send you my email address via private message. Also, can you zip the file so that it's smaller?

None of my saved games load since the patch, the loading bar goes halfway then freezes. does this mean my saved games are corrupted now and is this something that happens every update? Being 300 turns in was really enjoying that game...

This error is now fixed with version 1.01.11648. Just download the update. (And if you get a "validation error", just wait a few hours and try again.)

Unit experience should be displayed graphically, badges of honor or whatever the appropriate indicator. What good is experience if you don't know someone has it. :-)

Nice additions to the game.

Bret

Yeah, it might be good to display a rank icon or something. Right now, you can see the experience in the left-panel when you select a unit.