whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the PENG CHALLENGE of outrageous fortune

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sod.... freaking....off. All of ya. Except Seanachai. Yeah, except him... his special...with words...

This one is under my protection. He sends me alcohol and is wise with the ways of true football. Granted, I haven't gotten my World Cup Coin yet, but hey, he has wine. Joebob may have given this one a title anyway, you know how long winded Joebob gets when he discusses titles.

Rune

This one is under my protection. He sends me alcohol and is wise with the ways of true football. Granted, I haven't gotten my World Cup Coin yet, but hey, he has wine. Joebob may have given this one a title anyway, you know how long winded Joebob gets when he discusses titles.

Rune

(Spits coffee across desk and onto monitor)

By Moses' soupy beard!

Under YOUR protection? Oh, that poor, dumb, bastiche!

Being under your "protection" is tantamount to living under an eternal cloud of doom and despair. In Chicago. On a Monday. As a Cubs fan.

blah blah blah .... thank you..blah blah ...Granted, I haven't gotten my World Cup Coin yet, ....blah blah, thank you ....rest deleted ....

Rune

Ce?!! Il Postino should have delivered it a-la-Kevin Costner style: by horse, in saddle, from hand. Looks if he got the wrong goat.

Will re-send another as it should have arrived 2 months ago.

I would have thought it was Canada.

Yes, you would have, because you no-doubt crossed into Canada from Ohio many times.

In a car.

Next weekend, Lars is taking me, Seanachai, and Papa Khann out on the lake.

I can feel the jealousy bubbling.

Y'all're just jealous.

Let's see... we're talking about being trapped, on a boat, far from shore, with you, Seanachai, Lars and Papa Kahn.

Where exactly does the jealousy enter the picture?

I mean, you could just as honestly accuse us of being jealous because we don't have a progressive gum disease or monkeys flying out of our butts.

You know, Jean Paul Sartre said that hell is being locked in a room with your best friends.

Of course all his friends were French, but I think the observation is still valid.

The Manysoda State Fair is this week.

The U. of M. has a DNA booth which is very popular, I've heard.

None of our very own Manysoda Miscreants" have visited it because... well... it doesn't really pertain to them.

I work right next to the gorram fairgrounds too. Helps traffic a LOT.

Well, turns out Joe the Cat has something complex that kitties get sometimes called "chin acne". He's going to be terribly embarrassed at the cat prom this year I guess.

I'm still trying to decide who gets to diagnose the Jeep. It has something I call "not starting reliably and really rough gear changes". Do I pick the superclose and convenient expensive place or hunt for something that might be cheaper? Assuming the word "cheaper" can ever really be associated with the phrase "it's probably the tranny." That phrase is expensive even for Bangkok Emrys on a paint huffing binge.

You don't think the not starting reliably is connected to the gear changes do you? Is it stick or automatic?

I just took my ZX2 in earlier this week, because there was a lot of play in the shifter and it would make a sort of "Chunk" sound when I shifted into 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.

Bushings were shot on the shifter. But you can't just buy the bushings. Nah, that would be too sensible. Had to pop for a whole new shifter assembly.

Still cheaper than a whole new transmission

Boo continues to writhe in the grip of my superior play. Not only have I succeeded in KOing the immobilized Sherman, I have utterly flanked him and am pouring a withering fire into his delicate rear areas.

My tactical prowess knows no bounds.

Rune

I am a strict constructionist when it comes to titles. It's my belief that nothing good comes of bestowing titles on the unworthy willy nilly ... or even hither and yon.

My title, for example, was given me by the Olde Ones met in council to acknowledge the vital role I play in keeping you lot in line with the sacred traditions of the Peng Challenge Thread.

Michael, on the other hand, had his title granted him on a drunken whim by Seanachai late at night whilst he was popping headache pills and sudafed to clear up the congestion engendered by huffing copier toner ... at least that's the only logical explanation.

Joe