Version 1.01.10983 Available

Brit

Notable Changes and Fixes:

- Added a 'turn summary' button that highlights events (sightings, combat) on the map

- Added an email notification system to the PBEM games. Players can be notified by email when the turn is processed. (This option is under "PBEM Settings" on the reports tab.)

- Created a hotkey ('W') for the Turn Summary (can be changed in the preferences window)

- Fixed bug: unit-groups with units being upgraded still appear in the idle-units list

- Players can now select a unit-group and press 'upgrade' to trigger all their upgradable units to upgrade

- Fixed a bug in the foreign relations display - if relations were low, then declaring war would appear to improve relations

- Fixed two crashes and another problem associated with multiplayer games

- Fixed a bug in the PBEM system

My friend and I have had several instances where one of us got a completely black map and could not start the game. I think the client machine has always been the one with the problem. After we generate a new map the problem goes away and everything seems to work. Its almost like the host isn't transmitting the map every time. Because the game starts on the client and you don't see the receiving update from server message just darkness. This was a problem before the last few updates and seems to be continuing. It would useful to have logs of start up process on server and clients so we can see the last successful step in the startup.

I've never used nukes before this version, but out of 4 ICBM's the last two didn't cause any damage at all! They were carefully targeted to cities with lots of improvements and units inside and the animation was smooth. However, the city didn't reduce in size, nor were the units destroyed. The only difference to the earlier two successful shots is that these two were launched from a transport ship (one at sea, one docked).