When creating a new Peng Challenge thread you must include Peng and Challenge

Think of the Peng Challenge Thread as a way to keep the criminally insane contained in one thread. They even police themselves! Sort of like if you were to go to a funny farm, lay off the staff, and give a few of the slightly more cogent inmates white uniforms along with a salary of as many pancakes and bananas as they could eat.

You wouldn't want these guys released on the internet, would you?

And what would that be worth to you?

In pancakes.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a lot so far. I've been out on the Fox River a couple of times. I hope to do some paddling with my sister this weekend.

Do you mainly stay up in Lake County, or do you ever make it down to the more...deliverance-y...part of the river?

Mmmm, pancakes. Pancake season has just begun in Calgary! Many pancakes and bottles of beer will be served up over the next 11 days. And many babies will be born 9 months from now. The city becomes one big funny farm. It's a magical time we locals call The Stampede.

I'll think of this thread when I eat my first 2010 Stampede Breakfast pancake.

Do you mainly stay up in Lake County, or do you ever make it down to the more...deliverance-y...part of the river?

In the McHenry County part. I live just up river of the Algonquin dam so there isn't much of a current. It can get kind of deliverance-like when there are crazy water skier's on the river. I try to go out early in the morning before all the motor boats come out.

NO CHANCE, YOU PIKER!

Pancakes without blueberries and maple syrup are as an offense against all that is right and good in the world and shall not be tolerated.

So are the ways of my people.

You have people? Do they know about this? Is there a statue of limitations they could invoke?

Joe

In the McHenry County part. I live just up river of the Algonquin dam so there isn't much of a current. It can get kind of deliverance-like when there are crazy water skier's on the river. I try to go out early in the morning before all the motor boats come out.

I just meant the sparsely inhabited stretch full of banjo players between Yorkville and Wedron. My sister and brother-in-law live on the Kankakee just above the dam in Wilmington, and the kayaking there is not bad.

Mmmm, pancakes. Pancake season has just begun in Calgary! Many pancakes and bottles of beer will be served up over the next 11 days. And many babies will be born 9 months from now. The city becomes one big funny farm. It's a magical time we locals call The Stampede.

I'll think of this thread when I eat my first 2010 Stampede Breakfast pancake.

I narrowly escaped being sent to Calgary this week for business.

You have people?

Joe

Yes, I have people. Not everybody was raised by feral chipmunks, Joe

Which suddenly reminded me of the old Natl. Lampoon cartoon, "Tarzan of the Cows" and I got this mental image of Joe riding through town in the middle of a thundering herd. it was a silly image.

I would like to point at this and make rude comments about it, but that really isn't necessary, is it? I mean, how embarrassing does this all need to get?

Michael

Are you reduced to this Michael? Is this the BEST you can do? To bring someone to task over a single missing letter? I realize you have nothing better to do as you don't play the game but surely there must be other things that can occupy your time.

I understand that you rarely make such mistakes ... of course if I typed my responses with one forefinger hesitantly pecking out words a letter at a time (the other forefinger, in your case, being lodged pretty much permanently in one or another nostril) and if I bothered to have every post proofed by someone to ensure that no letters were left out as you do then perhaps all of my posts would be as perfect as yours INVARIABLY are.

It is embarrassing Michael, though the party that should be embarrassed is not me.

Yes lads, the famed Peng Challenge Thread is known throughout the world for it's learned discourse and rapier like wit.

Yet now we see a member of this group, even if said member is a mere Other Recognized such as Michael, stooping so low ... well lads, we've apparently fallen on hard times.

Joe

Thats fine talk coming from the ellipses nazi.
It wasn't I that complained about the incorrect number of dots in your ellipses ... of course I noticed it and shook my head at the sheer stupidity of some people ... but I let it pass as I considered the source and, frankly, approved of the fact that you used punctuation AT ALL.

By the way ... CMAK now works on my computer ... if that means anything to you.

Joe

I think you're flirting with me for a setup! Joe you big tease, I didn't know you cared! *blushes*

I do care Stuka ... I care that you are proven to be the idiot that we all know you are.

If it requires me to play a CMAK game with you and all the pain that comes with that ... "Damn, another turn from that idiot Stuka, oh well perhaps it will provide some amusement this time" ... well, so be it.

I stand for the CessPool!

Joe

Now It Can Be Told

Years ago, on a dark and moonless night somewhere in the depths of a dusty southwestern state, a child was born. But this was no ordinary child, it was a monstrosity with toad-like skin and two heads. One of the attending nurses fainted dead away on sight of it. The next day she quit her job and joined a convent, saying only that she had seen the devil and was in fear for her immortal soul. This was Joe Shaw's entrance to the world.

Of course his parents were aghast and mortified by this horror which had been visited upon them. But the doctors after much consultation reassured them that the situation was not beyond redemption. They would simply remove one of the heads and the child would merely look a little off-kilter instead of a nightmare goblin from hell. Although Joe's parents were not completely assured that this was anything they wanted to do with, they gave their reluctant permission for the operation.

In due course one of the heads was removed and disposed of. It was only then that it was discovered that it was the now non-existent head which had housed the one and only brain of the little beast. The one remaining contained only a few ganglia and some murky liquid.

Although it can't be said that Joe's parents ever quite came to love him, they labored mightily to give him a home and a chance in life. They took him to the best trainers who spent years in arduous rehabilitation with young Joe and were finally able to raise his IQ into the triple digits by the time he left adolescence. Yes, it finally topped out at 0.06, a triumph and the high point of Joe's life. Of course, now that he has gotten old he has slipped a bit. Just how much is impossible to say since recent attempts at testing have produced no results. He just stares vacantly at the little blocks and drools.

But really, we should not make fun of the handicapped. Given his long term developmental disabilities, Joe has done well in life. He can dress himself (although he still sometimes puts his pants on backwards) and once in a while manage to hit the toilet when he pees. As long as his handlers remember to keep him away from sharp objects things go fairly well.

So, ring this one up as one more success story for allopathic medicine!

Michael