When creating a new Peng Challenge thread you must include Peng and Challenge

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf is peng challenge - this is something that has confused me since i started posting here on the forums. It just seems like every post is gibberish in regard to this Peng fellow.

Every post on the Combat Mission Forums is gibberish about something, child. And very few posts here, actually, are about Peng (may he live a thousand years or until he is stepped on by a camel...).

But here, in the Peng Challenge Thread, as Dalem has somewhat cryptically pointed out, we tend to minimize the 'wtf', 'lol', and 'muhamcwiwrH' (My Underwear Has Attacked My Crack While I Was Reading Heimskringla) abbreviations in favour of actually typing 'words', and we tend to prefer something like sentence structure, capitalization, and punctuation while posting. Of course, there are times when, in a post modernist, jocular, satirical sort of way, we might post as you posted above.

But most of the time, we're all 'goofy adult like' and post like we don't just scratch it out on the ground with a fecking stick.

With the possible exception of the Australians. With them it's hard to tell what's ignorance, what's drunkenness, what's regional dialect, and what's ignorant regional drunkenness dialect. With a stick.

Doesn't really matter, with them. Their entire language is based on drunkenness. That's why they come here. It's the one place they always know they'll be understood. We speak 'Drunkard'.

You just ruined my day.

Michael

High on a mountain side

Somewhere in Austria

Maybe it's Switzerland

It's hard to say

I see the woman

She runs through the meadow

She's crying in anguish

She's turning away

Oh God...oh...oh...God

I think it's Julie Andrews

Julie...Julie Andrews

Maybe we should call somebody

Maybe we should put her out of her misery...

Julie Andrews

-Uncle Bonsai

BOO!

Bring me flesh and bring me fowl,

bring me spirits, bring them now

Spirits rich with alcohol!

Pork and beef, fish and chicken

Potatoes boiled, and baked and fried

and alcohol this side of formaldehyde!

Then strike up songs, and sing for me

Let's eat and drink 'til we cannot see!

Then let each man here make poetry

Vile doggerel, and Dalem Verse

Each poem bad, each rhyme worse

Until each are filled with good bad taste

And someone throws up!

Because, you know, if you make a really good night of it, with eating and drinking and singing and bad versification, the weakest one is always going to heave. It's a given.

And possibly pushing the corpse into a bog with long sticks.

There, does that make you feel better?

It does ease the pain a little. But will you make doodoo on the corpse before you push it in the bog? Just to round out the evening, so to speak?

Michael

Maybe later, if I don't simply pass out. Have you been out kayaking this summer, my Lady?

Not a lot so far. I've been out on the Fox River a couple of times. I hope to do some paddling with my sister this weekend.

BOO!

Bring me flesh and bring me fowl,

bring me spirits, bring them now

Spirits rich with alcohol!

Pork and beef, fish and chicken

Potatoes boiled, and baked and fried

and alcohol this side of formaldehyde!

Then strike up songs, and sing for me

Let's eat and drink 'til we cannot see!

Then let each man here make poetry

Vile doggerel, and Dalem Verse

Each poem bad, each rhyme worse

Until each are filled with good bad taste

And someone throws up!

Because, you know, if you make a really good night of it, with eating and drinking and singing and bad versification, the weakest one is always going to heave. It's a given.

So you want me to stop off at the local KFC and then pick up a sixer of Red, White and Blue? Oh, and I think I have an old Steel-Eye Span album stuck in the back of the hall closet, somewhere.

Why does it always turn into a scavenger hunt with you?

Every post on the Combat Mission Forums is gibberish about something, child. And very few posts here, actually, are about Peng (may he live a thousand years or until he is stepped on by a camel...).

But here, in the Peng Challenge Thread, as Dalem has somewhat cryptically pointed out, we tend to minimize the 'wtf', 'lol', and 'muhamcwiwrH' (My Underwear Has Attacked My Crack While I Was Reading Heimskringla) abbreviations in favour of actually typing 'words', and we tend to prefer something like sentence structure, capitalization, and punctuation while posting. Of course, there are times when, in a post modernist, jocular, satirical sort of way, we might post as you posted above.

But most of the time, we're all 'goofy adult like' and post like we don't just scratch it out on the ground with a fecking stick.

With the possible exception of the Australians. With them it's hard to tell what's ignorance, what's drunkenness, what's regional dialect, and what's ignorant regional drunkenness dialect. With a stick.

Doesn't really matter, with them. Their entire language is based on drunkenness. That's why they come here. It's the one place they always know they'll be understood. We speak 'Drunkard'.

So the point of "Peng" threads is to masturbate over proper grammar? Seems quite strange and out of place on this forum. Are you all 1st year English students or something?

So the point of "Peng" threads is to masturbate over proper grammar? Seems quite strange and out of place on this forum. Are you all 1st year English students or something?

Think of the Peng Challenge Thread as a way to keep the criminally insane contained in one thread. They even police themselves! Sort of like if you were to go to a funny farm, lay off the staff, and give a few of the slightly more cogent inmates white uniforms along with a salary of as many pancakes and bananas as they could eat.

You wouldn't want these guys released on the internet, would you?

So the point of "Peng" threads is to masturbate over proper grammar?

The impression I've consistently gotten is that the raison d'être of the Peng Challenge Thread, in all its innumerable incarnations, is to furnish its denizens a venue for left-handedly lauding Peng, deriding Australians, and flinging snide rhetoric at each other. :D

I surmise, tyrspawn, that not a few denizens of this thread read your initial post and wryly thought: "He's just crossed his own T." :P

Is that gotten as in himmel? Geeeesus H Buddha on a crutch, how could any raison or any other dried freakin' fruit provide any sort of impression unless it is catapulted? Or thrown? Eh? And it is consistently gotten? Gotten? That's goober. It's not just normal, regular goober.. its the worst kind of goober. Merkin Goober.

I never said it was the raison (let alone some sort of fruit, dried or otherwise) that imparted to me the impression of what the Peng Challenge Thread apparently is about. Besides, "Geeeesus H Buddha" sounds awfully Merkin for someone so keen to point out the supposed Merkin-ness of others.

Oh, and your ellipsis is missing a dot.

Repeatedly calling yourself an 'Olde One' will not make you one, inasmuch as Emry's will never be Liza Minelli...no matter how many cabaret outfits he buys.

Bah. No one objected when I named myself Lord of Pants.

Not a lot so far. I've been out on the Fox River a couple of times. I hope to do some paddling with my sister this weekend.

[wild & crazy guy voice]

I love your country! Here in America you have a whole river of foxes!

[/wild & crazy guy voice]