When creating a new Peng Challenge thread you must include Peng and Challenge

wtf is peng challenge - this is something that has confused me since i started posting here on the forums. It just seems like every post is gibberish in regard to this Peng fellow.

Punctuation, my dear bacterium. Punctuation.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have begun a game of CMAK with WolfP ... he will soon rue the day ... oh yes he will ... the night too likely enough. I know he remembers all too well how I defeated him three games in a row in CMSF as the Syrians with him taking the Marines.

And, of course, he was a serving Marine Major at the time in Iraq ... it was almost embarrassing ... almost.

Joe

You guys don't read very well, do you? I said he plays against the AI. Present tense.

When did I say that? I think it has been at least six years since I last played CM and have said as much several times.

I swear, box turtles find you guys insufferably obtuse.

That part is certainly true and I wouldn't dream of arguing with. Furthermore, I would state that regardless of the attitude and perceptions of box turtles, those two are individually and collectively dumber than a sackful of rocks.

Michael

Boo defends Stoat's 'Hill in Brittany' by hiding in fixed positions until my troops approach, didn't work in '44 and isn't working now.

My superior firepower is winkling him out position by position...you could say he is writhing in the grip but not just yet, I have only breached the barbed wire in two areas so it ain't over 'till Michael's sister sings...

That's as much of an explanation as an Olde One "owes" an SSN such as yourself.

Repeatedly calling yourself an 'Olde One' will not make you one, inasmuch as Emry's will never be Liza Minelli...no matter how many cabaret outfits he buys.

When did I say that? I think it has been at least six years since I last played CM and have said as much several times.

Michael

Wherever did you get the idea people paid attention to anything you said? You know, such a solipsistic world view is really not that healthy, Michael.

I am not dead.

Contemplating an historic occasion. At the end of July, I will be bringing Dalem back to our Cabin in Canada for his second, triumphal visit, and quite likely bring Papa Khann there for his first ever visit.

There will be rum. There will be song. There will be a mighty pissing off the end of decks involving rum and song.

There will be bruising from landing on the native granite of Lake of the Woods after the fall from the deck railing while drinking rum, singing, and pissing.

It will be...magical.

Boo, as your putative 'Prospero-like' master, I command you to inform Rose and the swine you work for that next summer you will need time off to fly to Minneapolis so that you can drive to Canada, and Freedom! For a week or so, anyways.

I should have asked Lars this year, as well. But it was hard to pin down the dates, because the Family was after doing a lot of work on the Cabin, still. And lets be honest. It was a Herculean task to get Dalem & Papa Khann to get their passports into order. With Lars, I would have had to go back and explain several hundred years of diplomacy, the border requirements of two nations, and everything involving the concept of 'government documents' before I could have gotten him to get enough documentation to cross the border.

I'm not a young man, anymore. I don't want to die trying to explain the difference between a 'US Passport' and a 'Border Passport Card' to Lars, let alone the whole concept of 'why we need some kinds of identification'.

It was bad enough trying to get the concept through to the other two. With Lars, I know that every time I tried, he'd just keep pulling out his wallet, handing me his license and saying "Yes, Officer! I have it right here! If I seem a little happy, it's simply because I'm coming from a wedding...no, wait, they drink at weddings...a funeral...no, wait, I drink at funerals...a christening/baptism/confirmation/occasion involving the joyful entry of young souls into some form of the Church' that doesn't necessarily involve adults drinking at all!" Big Smile.

As the gods are my witness, 2 hours of that without having gotten through to him about what a 'birth certificate' is is more than I can take.

I am not dead.

[spoken slowly, heavily] You really love to disappoint us, don't you?

Contemplating an historic occasion. At the end of July, I will be bringing Dalem back to our Cabin in Canada for his second, triumphal visit...

Will this involve ritual drowning, perhaps?

Michael