Beer and Pretzels

Dennis50

Ok, here's the deal ...I'm 60 yrs old ..don't know how to game the game ...tactically (sp) challenged ...just want to have fun, beer and pretzels style. I'm in southern Illinois ..central time zone. Retired but working a part time time job ...need to take my mind off real life things, if you know what I mean. The deal is I don't want to do PBEM ..just don't suit me. Prefer real time ..tiny, small, medium battle would be fine. Been playing around here lately with red vs. red ...Kind of fun and probably more even fight. Also, I do have teamspeak 2 ..but have no idea what server we could use. Also have roger wilco ...if voice contact sounds like something you would want to do. Never played cmsf multiplayer yet, but I have a feeling once I do I probably won't want to play solo anymore.

Please ...I don't care to play expert gamers who have to win at all cost ...just looking for someone who just wants to have a bit of fun ..shoot the ****e ...have a beer and relax and play the game.

If anyone is interested my email is dennisDOTfearsATattDOTnet

One more thing ....hurry up with CM:N .....come on steve my puter is getting long in the tooth ;)

forgot to say I have the base game and the Marines an Brits modules.

Gunz,

I am in PA a couple doors down. I can usually only get online after midnight my time. My only free time is after the kids and wife are put to bed. I have been playing cmsf since it came out but only recently started dwelling into the multiplayer aspect. I am far from a die hard 'must win to get my ladder rank up' type of player. So I am game for an online game since I never played that way (PBEM games only so far). The Roger Wilco thing I will have to stay away from since my house is small and my voice carries. The wife would be on my arse about the noise. Let me know. Later.

eniced73,

That sounds good to me. This week I could do wednesday, thursday, saturday and/or sunday nights. Any of those nights will work for me ...pick which night would work best for you. I think cmsf has an in game chat function ..not sure how well it works. Let me know and we'll give it a try. Do you have the Marines and Brits modules? I'm not sure if it would even work if one player had a module that the other player didn't have. Later.

Lets shoot for Thursday. I have all the modules so pick a scenario and we can try it out. Lets shoot for around midnight.

Have you tried any of the byte battles? http://www.kretsen.nu/bytebattler/cmsf/index.htm

These are small and may be good for testing out the online play rather than getting into a larger battle. How about 'insurrection'? I never played that one.

If you have something else in mind that is OK too. Let me know. Later.

Ok, midnight tonight it is ...I guess you mean midnight your time which would be 11 o'clock my time CDT.

Yes I have the byte battles ...insurrection will be fine. A little tight for a battle field ;) ...kind of brutal but we're just testing anyway.

Are you hosting or do you want me to host? Like I said I've never played cmsf multiplayer but it looks like you need to pick your side to play before the connection ...so, do you want blue or red?

Regards,

Gunz

Gunz,

A buddy from way back showed up in town today and I am going out for a beer and to catch up. I might get back before 1200?? I am not sure. Do you have any IM programs or such installed where I can get ahold of you when I get in?

If we dont link up tonight, Sat. is an option at the same time. Let me know. Later.

eniced73,

Thanks for the game. I didn't play very well but I have to say the game played very good. I didn't notice any sort of lag or warping or anything like that ...did you.

You played very well. Thanks again, it was fun.

Regards,

Gunz

I agree it was fun. Never played RT before. As far as lag is concerned I did not see any. Play 'Elite' or lower. I believe we played 'Iron' and having to unclick on a unit to see other units is a burden. Was fun though.

We should set up another one (PBEM or RT) let me know. Later.

No, we were not suppose to be playing "iron". I had it set to elite. I've never played iron nor do I want to. I did notice the same as you did. Units disappearing when clicking on another unit. I even loaded the scenario up as if waiting for you to connect and it was still set to elite. My guess is a bug that slipped by due to the fact not many people play real time multiplayer. At this late stage it's doubtful Charles is going to fix it though.

You bet, I want to play some more when we get the chance. But I really don't care to do PBEM. Don't really care to have one battle strung out over days. I have way too many irons in the fire as they say. My focus changes from day to day.

Being my first time playing cmsf real time multiplayer I have to say I was pleasantly surprised ...I didn't know what to expect, but it played great.

Regards,

Gunz

I have an Xfire account with community 'Task Force Milsim'- eniced73. Are you talking about DL'g the 'XO' from there? I am not familiar with the site and do not see a chat function. The ingame chat seemed to work pretty good for us. Too bad BF does'nt integrate one here like so sites have. Would be nice to chat realtime online to set up games and such.

I see you are from NY. I am from PA. Let me know if you want to play a game RT or PBEM. Later.

Gunz I will be online tonight at midnight if interested. We can try out another one. Later.

I just got set up on xfire and steam but haven't had a chance to really poke around just yet.

eniced73,

BF does have a chat room ..but you would be hard pressed to find a link anywhere on the web site ...Moon should add the infamous Blue Bar button on the top of the page in the shock force main forum to link to the chat room. I have never seen anyone in there ....here is the link http://chat.conduit.com/Chat/Default.aspx?ctid=CT823525

We're getting ready to bbq right now and I have to go to work very early in the morning so I won't be able to play tonight. Possibly Thursday night.

Regards,

Gunz