New Upload!: 1940 Times Ten Ruleset

hoolaman

I've uploaded/shared a new ruleset that makes a big difference to the fun factor of the game imo.

Here's the description I put in the ruleset:

This is the standard 1940 ruleset with a simple change that makes a radical - revolutionary :P difference to combat.

All unit hitpoints have been multiplied by ten! This slows combat down, allows reinforcements in the form of extra units joining a battle, makes repair much more relevant and makes each unit much more resilient.

I've playtested a bit and I have to say it is the most fun I've ever had with EoS, suddenly everything makes sense.

It probably won't be for everyone, for example it can take three turns to destroy a militia unit, but grouping units and playing to their strengths will make combat quicker.

The most exciting thing is you can actually understand what is going on with combat. It always takes more than one turn to resolve, so you actually can withdraw, reinforce with other units during the course of a battle, and see the hitpoints ticking down, and get an update during each orders phase on how the battle is going.

It also becomes neccesary to rest units for quite a few turns to repair them up to full strength.

I'm imagining it would be possible to get into some massive battles and actually apply some tactics as more and more units are produced.

Air units also seem to work really well. They will take many many sorties to destroy a unit, but they will harrass and pick away at the hitpoints, and take bits of damage themselves.

Please try it!

This looks like a good idea. I'll start using it after Brit programs the ai use of repair. At this point, the ai does not recognize that a unit needs to be repaired. There should be a threshold like 50-60% of hit points where the ai moves the unit back to a repair facility like a city for repair.