Fun with the editor

jeep

I just tried out the editor today. :)

This is really cool, nice work Brit!

I did have a few questions though.

1. Can units be setup to construct fortifications?

2. What are the freighters that can be auto built? What purpose do they serve?

3. Is there a manual/help for the editor? The ? button doesn't bring anything up.

I just tried out the editor today. :)

This is really cool, nice work Brit!

I did have a few questions though.

1. Can units be setup to construct fortifications?

2. What are the freighters that can be auto built? What purpose do they serve?

3. Is there a manual/help for the editor? The ? button doesn't bring anything up.

Oh, hey. Didn't notice you were in Breckenridge.

1. No, units can't construct fortifications.

2. Freighters were an idea I had that was partially implemented, but isn't functional.

3. Oh, that should be fixed.

Thanks.

Couple more:

1. What is "prone"? How is it used?

2. In combat types, there is a setting "can block and be blocked". What does this do?

3. Sub-targeting, random vrs targeted. What is this?

Thanks.

Couple more:

1. What is "prone"? How is it used?

2. In combat types, there is a setting "can block and be blocked". What does this do?

3. Sub-targeting, random vrs targeted. What is this?

"Prone" is a special combat type used for landed air-units (aircraft, missiles, etc) and docked sea-units (ships and subs). They don't fight with their normal defense numbers. They're much weaker. It also allows units to attack them that couldn't normally attack them. For example, infantry can't normally attack ships or submarines, but they can attack them if they are docked in a city.

The "can block and be blocked" is used by ships and ground units. It means units can't just pass through each other. Aircraft and submarines cannot be blocked.

The sub-targeting is not being used right now. Originally, it was used to allow cruise missiles to target specific city improvements. I may turn that back on at some point, but there are some issues to work out (issues like: what if a city has a factory but that factory is destroyed, and player X doesn't know it was destroyed. What happens if player X targets a cruise missile on the factory? Nothing?)

(issues like: what if a city has a factory but that factory is destroyed, and player X doesn't know it was destroyed. What happens if player X targets a cruise missile on the factory? Nothing?)

What if : sub targeting is not allowed on "in fog of war cities" ?

you need spy plane above , or people to actually see the target

Just out of curiosity, what zone of control does a unit block?

Say I have a tank on the road between two cities, and the enemy sends a tank to take my city. Will the enemy tank try to go around my tank?

The reason I ask is because I am adding an "ARMY" unit to my rule set that has a lot of HPs, and thus will last through a couple turns of combat.

Just out of curiosity, what zone of control does a unit block?

It blocks an area slightly smaller than the circle around the base of the unit (but it extended up and down a little larger than the circle you see).

Say I have a tank on the road between two cities, and the enemy sends a tank to take my city. Will the enemy tank try to go around my tank?

Probably not.

I've got a question too!

What is the difference between "At Target" and "Unit"?

"At target" means directly on top of the target (for example, aircraft move directly over the target before they attack). The "unit" distance means that the units overlap at the edges - this is what ground units do when they attack each other.

One more :)

What tool do you use to create the unit bitmaps? I has going to add one for helicopters.

There's the image editor for loading images into the game. As far as the creation of the images in the first place, well, you'll need some third-party tools. I use 3D Studio to create 3-dimensional models of the units and animate them. I render them out to 2d images which I modify with scripts in Corel Photopaint. Depending on what you're doing, you may or may not need a 3d modeling package. It doesn't really matter what 3D/2D programs you use as long as they're in a proper 2d format for the image-editor to load.

(I would've recommended Blender for 3D because it's free, but last time I tried to use it, it was a huge pain. Someone told me the latest version of Blender was a lot more user-friendly than previous versions, so maybe it's a little better now.)