Modern Naval Unitset

StellarRat

Attached is my new modern naval upgrade unitset. Basically it's the Official 1900-2030 ruleset with a few enhancements.

I've added ballistic missile subs, special forces units and maritime patrol/ASW aircraft (sub hunters). I tweeked some of the combat values to increase the deadliness and speed of subs in the modern era (level 3 and higher.) They will be a match for any surface vessel at level 3 and higher. I also added an AWACS aircraft.

The special forces units can be deployed by air transport or subs and are excellent at spying on your enemies or launching attacks against undefended targets. They will not stand up in fighting against regular combat units.

This replaces my older unitset to maintain compatibility with Brit current patch level.

Attached is my new modern naval upgrade unitset. Basically it's the Official 1900-2030 ruleset with a few enhancements.

I've added ballistic missile subs, special forces units and maritime patrol/ASW aircraft (sub hunters). I tweeked some of the combat values to increase the deadliness and speed of subs in the modern era (level 3 and higher.) They will be a match for any surface vessel at level 3 and higher. I also added an AWACS aircraft.

The special forces units can be deployed by air transport or subs and are excellent at spying on your enemies or launching attacks against undefended targets. They will not stand up in fighting against regular combat units.

This replaces my older unitset to maintain compatibility with Brit current patch level.

First upload didn't work. Should be here now.

StellarRat 1900-2030 v4.(local).20100606-171321.zip

• 2 weeks later...
I think I remember from somewhere that the AI is allowed to cheat on veteran/elite mode by being able to see all units regardless of range. Wasn't it so Brit, or did I misunderstand?

Unfortunately, yes, you are correct.