How up to date is vanilla Theatre of War 2, compared to Kursk 1943?

Mimsy

Heya. I'm just wondering if the fixes introduced in the patches for Kursk 1943 have been ported over to vanilla Theatre of War 2? (Africa.) I was thinking of buying one of the games, but there's obviously no point in buying the Africa-version if it's more bugged and primitive than Kursk 1943.

So my question is; is it patched up to the same level as Kursk, or is it more bugged? (I'm talking global fixes like performance and AI - that sort of thing.)

Thanks in advance. :)

I got Kursk first then this one the other day just for some variety in battlefields. After the new patch for Kursk, I wouldn't really call that buggy anymore. There are some things that could be tweaked but I think overall it's really a great game.

So far I found North Africa has some of the traits that may just be nuances to TOW games. Even though the desert has a lot fewer trees than Russia, tanks still love to drive over them. If there is a lot of activity on the field the game will slow down a little but I think it depends on the system you are using and amount of detail you want. Going to half speed makes it just fine.

So far North Africa is really good and I think it's worth getting.

Warren