AAR Nupremal World AI test

Thanks for confirmation Nup. I thought something might have happened when I edited the scenario and recompiled it as it took a very long time for the save, in fact I just left the game for awhile.

I've decided to continue, good to know as the Italians will soon be going for Algiers and I've come up with a contingency for Spain. That narrow slit of land into the Pyrenees is sure going to make the RN happy as they are bombarding anything close to the coast with good results....... But wait.....Stuka birds are a gathering.:cool:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know Nupr, I'm getting into Sept 40 and I'm noticing a lot of Allied forces around for the gathering. An Allied player could conceivably put together an Army Group from India, Canada, S.Africa, Colonial Africa, and Australia deploying them in many various global locations.

Then, after initial successes in China, the partisans are going wild and the USA is contributing 200 MPPs to the Asian cause every turn, forcing the IJA to regroup after some very sharp counterattacks.

Summary being, the Axis are starting to have a hard time and its only the fall of 40, luckily USA & USSR are in the 30th percentile. What with the UK contingent maxed out, the Battle of France was no cakewalk, but perhaps my observations are a bit premature.......continuing the saga.:)

Had no problems with Vichy, but then again, when the option came up to agree to the armistice with the French, which invariably would have created Vichy, I opted for "No".......

At any rate, no problems with the mod thus far.

Alrighty then, I guess I need to reiterate that my comments are for an H to H game, I'm testing for balance, among other things.

Perhaps you'll need to modify the game as Big Al did for the Human vs Human competition and release that as a version, what with all the complicated scripting that goes on for the AI games it seems SC has come to this. Maybe three adaptations:eek:, one for each AI opponent and then of course the Human variety.

You realize that is not needed because the scripting only works for AI - you can set it up that way. In other words, scripting extra units only happens when you play human vs AI:

; #AI= Will this event apply to any game or specifically for an Axis or Allied AI game?

;Values range [0, 2]; Any= 0; Axis_AI= 1; Allied_AI= 2; Axis_AI_and_Allied_Multiplayer= 3; Allied_AI_and_Axis_Multiplayer= 4

Good to hear, I kind of figured it'd be like that, but I seldom look at scripts, I like the atmosphere of the unknown recreated.

Nup, have you thought about reducing the unit density? There are an awful lot of units in the initial USSR set up. I was thinking about cutting some of the UK units also and make them more dependent on the Commonwealth for help. I still don't see the Axis as having much of a chance early in this game, they should at least be able to command the initiative until late 42.

As I see it, no chance for SeaLion, too much UK help for French Fall Gelb, too much USA help for Chinese and now that I'm into Spain and UK is throwing in the kitchen sink, I'm not sure the Germans can put them down in a timely manner.

Now all this is for the Human vs Human aspects. And of course the game continues, so all is subject to change, just some early thoughts.:)

Maybe you're right, but I've been practicing SC for like what.?.7-8 years, I can't remember.:confused:

Thing is, I'm playing against myself, Hotseat, trying different moves, strategies, decisions, saving each turn, going back to get the best performance from each side, that's how I check for balance.

Granted....I'll never be able to model all the possibilities, but I'm trying to give each side a fair shake and the Allies just seem overpowering.......its seems....presently....but I'm playing on.....just passing on whims, you've obviously got a lot more experience at this mod than I.:cool:

That IS the idea, to get some human competition, but I'd like to get a little further with this examination, at least getting USA and USSR actively engaged. I'll need to get your latest update first as I'm playing an older version, the one with the Vichy problem.

I also started an AI mirror with Big Al's Brute Force and with the storm season taking a breather, I've got some things to catch up on, so maybe by August. The MJO is starting an upward motion in the EAtl and the Cape Verde season will be starting soon, still a lot of energy out in The Gulf and Caribbean also, this recess won't last long.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nupremal and friends. I have recently grabbed this mod and have been playing it for a couple of days and i wanted to say good work :) i likee

It's only like march 41 so far but i like the expanded map and all the extra goodies. My laptop probably doesn't like all the extra thinking it has to do. So anyway thanks for the hard work you have done, if i can help feel free to use me. I guess i can at least give a summary of my thoughts in a few days once the US has pounded me , i mean .. i have achieved world domination.