US Army HD mod

Well my modding for other games has picked up a bit so I'm not sure. I may try to put out a "beta" of the whole slew of mods like I did with the sound mod and improve it slowly and leave it open to other people tweaking it, I'll throw in the .PSD files to make it easy. This way I can work on it when I have a chance and you guys won't have to wait for it. A lot of it is near done or at least of good quality (ACU uniforms don't have all the patches and such, but one set is pretty much done and the DCU needs some tweaking, but is more than usable as is).

Currently I'm a bit swamped with improving my modeling/UVing and C++ skills.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the beta, a whole 1GB uncompressed(!). Download is mercifully around mere 500mb.

Includes the uniform .psds, others were left out for space, but available upon request.

http://www.filefront.com/17071587/HD-mod.rar/

Enjoy and feedback is appreciated, it's still very much work in progress. Also feel free to reuse and modify the textures in anyway.

Thanks Akuma.

@Iraqhell: I gave you the ACU uniforms already, so you have all those (except with all 2ID patches). They are randomized and it contained a bunch of textures, try it out ingame. I gave you the 2ID patches, do you want the 1AD patches?

With the ACUs from 2nd ID and 1stAD, together with M1A1's earlier work on the 101st and 3rd ID, I've got all the basic Army stuff for Ramadi. Like the 1/503 raid on the Saddam Mosque in 2005. Hope you aren't afraid of heights -- or VBIEDs.

RYU2IDMosque.jpg

So if you can just put a little time into the Marines....

great work on the mod, that pic above brings up a question I've had about the shape or look of the US helmets, they just seem kinda off to me, especially from a head on view.

look at a headon view of arma US soldier then cmsf and tell me there I'm not right. I wish some modders could fix these helmets.