After 1.3.1 - new bugs and wishlist

1C doesn't pay much attention to our feedback but this is no reason to shut up.

I'd like to start a new listing of what doesn't work in ToW2-Kursk after applying the 1.3.1 patch, and also what we would like to see improved or added to the game.

Bugs :

- MP connection manager : I haven't seen it working once. Direct IP is the only way to get connected.

- tanks shoot at planes

- russian reco is zero in scout ability, while german one is 100.

Wishlist :

- MP game duration : timer presets are far too short. 15 min steps from 30 min to 2 hours and "infinite" would be more relevant.

- A "Surrender" option

well in the way of units(inf) id love to see medics & flamethrowers + nkvd & SS :D

& a feature so that its possible to turn off vehicle engines thus not giving away the position of your camo'd SPG via sound contact 4 example -

infantry ambush - - -

it also seems that when i choose ambush mode 4 inf in buildings they tend to run outside and take cover near or bhind bushes where 4 the situation they have encountered generally it would b better if they stayed in the house they occupied instead of leaving good cover - but im guessing maybe its also because they cant get a good enough angle on the enemy from a window perspective ? i am still 2 do a lil trial & error on the topic however ...

Not particularly related to the latest patch, but more a wishlist for the next episode in the Theatre of War serie:

-Bunkers working like in ToW1

-possibility to have multi storeyed buildings, and by extension, bridges that can be crossed over as well as under, tunnels...

-Engineers with special capacities and equipment/weapons (mine and obstacles removal, demolition charges, flame-throwers)

-new type of vehicles: amphibious vehicles and boats so that we can simulate assault landings.

-ammunition carriers vehicles

-airlanding operations with paratroopers, gliders, supplies drops (a new kind of support?)

Well I better stop right now... I would like everything that is not in the game yet :)

Where did you see Russian scouts with zero scout ability? In campaign (which mission?), in-game mission generator scenario?

If you have seen them in campaign and you've used you savegame made in a previous version of the game, this is not exactly a bug: unit parameters for the entire battle group were set in the beginning of the campaign. If you start a new campaign, the Russian scout squad shoulds have correct skill levels.

Patch: AFV's be given a towing ability, as they had in the real world. Also be able to push other vehicles. Tried to tow a bogged SdKfz222 with a Stug and no tow hook up for the Stug WTF.

More to come :)

Wish List: Action replay, sometimes there is so much happening at different parts of the map its impossible to observe it all. This is almost a patch thing, in the real world a commander would be receiving reports, the ones the game provides are helpful but way not detailed enough.

I'm not sure just how hard this would be to implement but I'd love to see a gunner's and TC's position in the tanks. Multiple way points would be cool too along with some type of strategic map other than the tactical view. While I'm at it, I don't hear crashing noises when my tanks bust through buildings.

Wish List: Action replay, sometimes there is so much happening at different parts of the map its impossible to observe it all. This is almost a patch thing, in the real world a commander would be receiving reports, the ones the game provides are helpful but way not detailed enough.

"Action replay" has already been discussed about, I think it was when ToW1 was released.

It has been said it couldn't be implemented for it would heavily slow computers to record every single bullet flight.

There were no machineguns on command PzIII variant that is available in the game.

Actually, German mortar is more accurate than Russian by itself (its two times more accurate at 500-1500m distances), so you should check the gunner skills of its crew.

To elaborate a bit more, in the opening round of Citadel the German mortars did not hit a single selected target. As a result the AFV's run out of HE trying to do the preliminary job that the mortars should have done ie knock out some AT guns, particularly those along the back that are protected to a large degree by trees from accurate direct fire.

Now I'm sure there is a way around this German problem but then it starts to get 'gamey' ie not representative of real WW2 warfare where mortars and artillery inflicted a very significant percentage of casualties. And where certainly no mortar gunner would be allowed to waste all his ammo due to his incompetence.

So, still trying to play the game realistically, the solution seems fairly obvious to me if you have an inexperienced gunner. First few shots may be wide but then corrections are quickly made and rounds start being on target. It was not rocket science, turn a knob or two the right way and bingo, happy days for the bombers :)

But to be fair to the Russians there is the counterpoint - how come all their distinctive gun emplacements are visible early on in the game? The guns and crew may not be visible but you don't need to know that, just lob some HE on every one, they are all occupied. So, for better realism, better newbie German accuracy balanced by some Russian gun emplacements that are not revealed until their guns open fire. Particularly those along the back hidden by trees.