Update 1.3.1

Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943 update 1.3.1

=========================================

NOTE: After installation of this update special prefix containing the version number will be added to save games that were made in previous versions of the game (for example, "(1.2.4) Cherkasskoe"). While saves that were made between missions should work (this is not guaranteed), saves that were made during missions will become unusable (to show this, their names will be grey-colored in save/load menus).

NEW CONTENT

New late war content added, expanding the game beyond the Kursk Battle!

- 5 new maps for multiplayer/skirmish and mission generator

- 10 units added:

USSR: T-34-85 and IS-2 tanks, SU-85 and SU-100 tank destroyers, ISU-152 assault gun

Germany: Pz. VIB “Tiger II” tank, “Brummbar” assault gun, Jagdpanzer 38t “Hetzer”, “Elefant” and “Jagdpanther” tank destroyers.

BUGS FIXED

- Infantry now takes damage in hand-to-hand combat properly

- Several AI bugs fixed (repeated rapid stance change, infantry not looking in the direction prescribed with the "Defend' button, rare freeze while mounting a vehicle, aiming while in a trench, facing rearwards after completing a move forward command and more)

- Multiplayer routines improved

- Re-calling an artillery strike doesn't require victory points

- The dead end in the first German mission has been fixed (it occured when player eliminated all Russian troops before the counterattack)

- Passability corrected on some maps

- Interrupted vehicle engine sounds fixed

- Molotov cocktail fire effect now linked to the impact point

- Molotov cocktails are now effective against open-topped and unarmored vehicles only

- Users are now able to fine-tune the bogging down probability (see below)

How To Change Bogging Down Probability

=====================================

Navigate to <Game folder>\Data\Settings and open Navigation.ini with Notepad. It contains many sections named like [Halftrack 5x5] and speed for various materials, for example:

SpeedSWAMP 0.3 0.01

You can alter these values as you see fit (first number is the speed modifier, second - immobilization probability).

Piecekeeper

Try to run the autoupdater or patch setup using 'run as administrator' command, looks like good old access rights issue.

I did that. I was installing when the error came.

EDIT: Nevermind...for some reason it worked now. Great patch by the way!

Great news.

Sneaksie,

Could you please explain the "Re-calling artillery support does not require victory points"?

Is there a readme file that explains it?

My current patch (1.2.4) is running fine and I don't want to mess around with it!!

However, I really want to be able to call Air and Artillery support without the need for victory points so this could be the reason I go to 1.3.1.

So, please explain what this fix does to air and artillery support. At what point(s) in the game, are the Air and Artillery support available? Beginning of the game? Can a user have access to more than one round of air and artillery and control when to use it?

Thanks.

Over and out.

Xerxes the Great

The way arty works didn't changed much, but the bug with stopping and re-calling support was fixed. Previously, if you canceled the active artillery strike (you can do it by right-clicking the support icon) you'd need the same amount of victory points to re-enable it, for example, if you want to target another area. The victory points weren't actually deducted in case of re-calling, but player needed to have enough points to re-call the strike (bug). Now you can stop and re-call artillery strikes freely, victory points are required only when you start it.

If you are really want cost-free support, you can edit the mission in editor or even simply open the mission.xml file in Notepad or Wordpad and set the support cost to zero.

Installing...getting this error with autoupdater..."Deletefile failed:code 5"

I got the exact same error while updating the game with the automatic updater (launched the updater by clicking the Kursk43 desktop icon with administrator right enabled). The game seems to have updated fine though; the problem seems to have been caused when the update tried to replace the file updater.exe or something like that

Did you get a question about whether you are agree to close the autoupdater to update it?

Anyway, if version number in main menu is 1.3.1, it's up-to-date. Autoupdater version should be 1.0.0.6 (you can check it in file properties of <Kursk1943folder>\AutoUpdater\AutoUpdate.exe).

I don't remember seeing a question like that, but probably didn't read the text properly, as I had the impression I had been ask if I wanted to update the game anyway. When the error message appeared, I think I simply proceeded further with the install. I had the impression that the patch was installed correctly, but that the updater could not be updated.

The main menu shows that the game as been patched to version 1.3.1, but the updater was not updated, it is still version 1.0.0.1

Edit: To update the updater to version 1.0.0.6, I simply right-clicked the Autoupdater.exe file in the Autoupdater folder, and launched it with administrator privileges. The file updated without problem.

You mean you launch the autoupdater (version 1.0.0.6) and then what? The game launches but it doesn't display autoupdater panel first? Is the game version in main menu 1.3.1?

The game launches but it doesn't display the autoupdater panel first