Anti aircraft radar- radar tech

Personnally i never use chits on anti aircraft radar tech... i was just wondering if it is possible to enhance it as radar tech wich could be for example applied to navy in order to spot other navy or subs? radar tech was very important in battle for atlantic... maybe it has already been discussed?

I agree that something needs to be done about this research. With the new damage system it is even more useless then it was before, because I think that the heavy bomber upgrade prevents the damage bonus of anti aircraft research. So even if someone would follow a strategic bomber strategy, researching anti-aircraft radar wouldn't be a very good counter. On top of that the anti-air unit was removed.

Perhaps they could make it a ship upgrade for 5% of the ship cost that increases the naval spotting range and the bomber defense by 1. This would make anti aircraft radar a very much needed research and makes naval combat perhaps a bit more interesting, because you can spot enemy units prior to encountering them by moving your ships more slowly.